100k culture - speed tips?

MeteorPunch

#WINNING
I'm looking for tips on playing a fast-victory 100k culture game for cotm 15, specifically to speed up the turns. I have over a hundred towns and that number grows by several per turn. I've been using the arrows to cycle through the cities before the end of the turn to rush projects and MM food.

I'm using the ToA + Feudalism method, btw. Build order is cathedral(REL civ - India), library, settler, settler, etc. I only have 2 colosseums at the moment.

One idea I had was to place a "#" at the end of a city name to denote that it is medium food priority and already has temple, library, and cathedral, or a "!" to denote that a city is low food priority because it has all culture buildings: temple, library, cathedral and colosseum.

Using these symbols I could more quickly sort through cities at the end of turn adjusting.

If anyone has any great timesaving method, post them here. :D

MeteorPunch said:
I'm using the ToA + Feudalism method, btw. Build order is cathedral(REL civ - India), library, settler, settler, etc. I only have 2 colosseums at the moment.
You should build settlers first, expand as much as you can, start ICS'ing, and then rush buildings.

Pentium said:
You should build settlers first, expand as much as you can, start ICS'ing, and then rush buildings.
I didn't think of that, and that could be a better way. I wonder how much of a difference that would make?

for me a poprushed settler is rushed at size 5 for 1 pop + 2 pop (for the settler itself). I'm not rushing the cities down to size 1 because then they might lose the food in the granary bin (from the Pyramids).

I don't know. I read this here, and played a couple (litterally a couple) of games. In both I regreted that I started building too early.

I actually wasn't looking for tips for a 100k culture game. I'm into the poprushing phase and am trying to speed up the turns - they take 10-20 minutes each...and I still have about 100 turns to go. :sad:

I'm in agreement with Pentium, except that I've never been comfortable with ICS. Also, build Universities rather than Colosseums if they're avalable. They're more expensive, but provide more culture per turn, plus a science boost to boot.

Desert, problem with Universities is that you need education, and education obsoletes ToA. ToA/Feudalism is a way of pulling as many temples around as possible, fast. It allows you to ICS, keep unit cost to 0 and does not require advancing past education - so you keep all the cheap temples. You also can get pikes, muskets, knights and cavs, which make the domination part of the game very feasible.

Yay, the game is over! :D I can't say anything about it for spoiler purposes, but it is posted in the Cotm15 MA spoiler thread.

Pentium: you were right - building settlers first is the way to go. I was way beyond that part of the game to go back though.

DaveMcW: I am very grateful for your F1 tip. I would've never thought of that on my own, and I don't recall it being mentioned in any 100k guides.

Top Bottom