1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

1030 AD - Turn Chat Instructions (28-Jan @ 2100 EST, 29-Jan @ 0200 GMT)

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Game of Democracy II' started by FortyJ, Jan 25, 2003.

1. FortyJ

FortyJ Deity

2. FionnMcCumhall

FionnMcCumhall Emperor

Kuhkuff should begin immediately on the Military Academy. According to this poll.

Budget requests
    If general Falcon askes for it during chat its approved within the confines of the budget.

none other to date

Bavaria Build Queue

Rifleman(c), University (10), Bank (15)

3. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Night Elven Ghost Agent

New Suramar City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    Science Department

Continue researching Medicen,
    THe Science Goal is to reach the Scientific Method

4. Stuck_as_a_Mac

Stuck_as_a_Mac Aptenodytes forsteri

Keep going. We havent played enough turns to affect my queues.
    Edit: after a discussion with CT, I do have a revision.
    Palanthus- Harbor (1) Granary (12). Please irrigate one mined wheat, and mine the bonus grassland. Road (railroad later) the horse, then irrigate it

Palanthus- Keep laborers as is

5. donsig

donsig Low level intermediary

Code:
    [color=green]
    City                 build queue (# of turns to complete)

Bremershaven         market (4), [b]rifle (5)[/b], cavalry (5)
    Civanatoria          aqueduct (4), [b]rifle (10)[/b]
    >>>[b]There is an extra pike that can be used for the Eastern Wall.[/b]
    Cuernavaca           granary (13)
    Eklektochtitlan      market (13)
    Izibia               worker (4), [b]library (20)[/b]
    New Falcon's Nest    rifleman (12), cavalry (14)
    Nocsfiedera          granary (25)
    >>>[b]Please move a laborer from the roaded grassland
          to the mined bonus grassland near Izibia.[/b]
    Pensacola            aqueduct (3), [b]rifle (10)[/b]
    Tlaxcala             aqueduct  (1), [b]rifle (9), rifle (9)[/b]
    >>>[b]Please move laborers from the forest
          and the two mined plains to irrigated plains for growth.[/b]
    [/color]
    It is of course up to the military and domestic leaders but the three extra pikes listed above should be upgraded and used to build our Eastern Wall.

6. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Deity

Continue as queued. Military Leader has authority over my qeueus if needed.

7. eyrei

eyrei Deity Retired Moderator

Foreign Affairs

Please attempt to form a wall of units blocking off the land bridge at its shortest point. Do not endanger cities by leaving them virtually undefended, and use our most obsolete units first for this purpose. Also, just do it ASAP. It does not have to be done immediately.

Please sign a RoP with France.

8. Goonie

Goonie Lonely End of the Rink

I am changing back to improvements in certain cities, because A) They are too small to produce a military unit by the end of our wars or B) Only have 1 or no improvements. In this cities I am adding very important improvements to help growth!

Shimonoseki (5)Harbour, (12)Granary

Novgorod (4)Harbour, (60) Granary
    Some Forest outside Novgorod would be nice. This is an outstanding request.

Bizen (8)Granary
    Please road to the gold and mine it!
    Please mine the two grassland tiles closet to Tokyo that already have roads on it.
    Please place a worker on a grassland tile. To get rid of the entertainer.

Ise (15) Library

Hakodate (3) Rifleman, (15) Marketplace
    Continue with irrigation of tile. Irrigate the tile on the opposite side of the river, then please irrigate the game. Roads as well.

9. Falcon02

Falcon02 General

Move Swordsman in The Burrow to the Mountian North of the American Knight.

Move Pike in the Burrow to the Tile with the Workers, and more a second pike in ther Burrow to the Tile SE of the city.

Use 2 Palanthus pikes to fill in the rest of the gap to the SE of the above mentioned pike from the burrow.

Upgrade Palanthus Musket for 40g

Move Cavalry in Strider's Haven to the Mount NW of the Gold Mountian in American territory.

Send the Knight in Strider's Haven to the Plains SW of the above mentioned tile.

Send the Strider's Haven Pike to the tile NW of the French Cavalry.

Turn 1

After the Rifleman is complete in Strider's Haven send the Musket in Strider's haven to the location the French Cav where to close the gap

Send Cav Stack North of Plexenburg to help with Larsa Assault, hold back an assult until then

Upgrade Knight in Zorgonzolia for 20g

Send Knights Near Hyderabad to Zorgonzolia to be upgraded for 60g.

General

Amass Cavs in Chittagong, including those upgraded knights mentioned above and those currently in the mountians. Once they're amassed attack Calcutta.

When Kago builds it's Rifleman send it to Nagasaki to defend it.

Try to get all Knights (except the one dedicated to Landbridge cut off, unless relieved by another unit) upgraded, if possible by the end of the t/c (assuming it's 10 turns, which seems unlikely)

10. Cheetah

Cheetah Deity

Leave everything as they are.

11. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

Please continue using the existing build queues, as they should last through the t/c. Also please continue mining and roading the hills aroun Kuhkaff.

12. FortyJ

FortyJ Deity

Post Preturn Save (.zip format)

Turn 5 (1080 AD) Save (.zip format)

Turn 10 (1130 AD) Save (.zip format)

Chat Log (fractured - my computer went nuts around 2:15am and I seem to have lost all data from 12:00 until 02:20. If anyone else has this logged, please post it in this thread.)

Presidential Summary
    Onward Fanatikan Soldiers!

First to fall was the Babylonian town of Larsa. Victory was tough, but oh, so sweet. Then came almost all of India, one after another... Pune, Calcutta, Jaipur, Bombay, Delhi, Bangalore, Karachi. Only a single Indian city remains, and the Fanatikan machine rolls on.

The crown calls out to all artists to come forth and put your talents to the test. We are searching for a patch or banner to reward service on The Line, ie. the Land Bridge Barricade. No more shall foreign troops cross through our lands unless we choose to allow it thanks to these brave soldiers manning the Line.

While there were not as many visible gains against Babylon this turn chat, we were able to pillage several road tiles, isolating some of their south-eastern cities from the remainder of the nation, as well as removing their access to Saltpeter! The word has gone out to all field commanders: "Seek out and destroy all Cavalry units in sight."

The new lands also bring additional resources for our Trade Dept to pawn off on our neighbors. Also, there have been some interesting developments in lands afar. Rome is no more. The Zulu appear to be on their way out as well. We appear to be a few turns away from a world with 10 nations.

<><><><>

On a personal note. I want to thank everyone who participated in this and the other turn chats this term. It has been my distinct pleasure to serve as your president and I hope that I was successful at not only furthering our overall goals in the game, but also in making the game more enjoyable to everyone.

I am encouraged by all the new names and faces (so to speak) participating in the demogame. I hope this trend continues, and I encourage all new members to get involved in some way. It is up to all of us, old members and new, to ensure that our incoming leaders deliver a stronger, more viable nation to the administration that will follow them in one month's time.

Good luck and thank you again.

Sincerely,
    FortyJ
    Lame Duck President of Fanatika ;)

13. Falcon02

Falcon02 General

I can't seem to find the Saves, they don't seem to exist at the uploads3 folder.

14. Cheetah

Cheetah Deity

I don't think the link to the latest gamesave works...

15. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

:cry: My ISP's router failed... and I didn't get to post my trade instructions. Did we even do them?

16. Falcon02

Falcon02 General

so that's why you we're on most of the day...

I don't know CT, I was afk most of the t/c

17. FortyJ

FortyJ Deity

The upload service was having some trouble apparently in the wee hours this morning. I have uploaded the file and checked the link. It should be available as of now.

18. FortyJ

FortyJ Deity

I have uloaded my collection of mIRC scripts that I created and used during the Turn Chats this past term. Future DPs are welcome to use them (at your own risk).

Demogame Scripts (.zip format)

Note: USE THESE SCRIPTS AT YOUR OWN RISK! I assume no responsibility for these scripts and will not be held responsible if they cause some problems, no matter how severe, on your machine. So don't come crying to me if your machine suddenly stops working after you download these utilities. mIRC required (either vanilla or DS-Pro), ver 6.03 recommended.