104 base strength Marines, 161 modified strength, REALLY?

SahintheFalcon

Chieftain
Battle panel says it all. I actually attacked and took 40 damage while the marines took only 20 damage.

Spoiler :

Is this a glitch or what? I thought Marines only had 14 base strength. Where did that extra 0 come from? It might be a glitch since our game froze several times and I had to rehost it.

Moderator Action: Wide image wrapped in spoiler tags

Yeah, it's either a bug/glitch or hacking, but considering what I see on the screen I think it's the former.

Also: You are evil and deserved that.

That's not a glitch, that is hacking.
Looking at the tile it is on which is 'plains' means no terrain bonus.

If he was going to cheat, he might as well have gone all in and given himself infinity energy while he was at it since there is no F9 demographics anymore.

That's not a glitch, that is hacking.
Looking at the tile it is on which is 'plains' means no terrain bonus.
He doesn't have any terrain bonus. The combat modifiers look pretty legit, it's just the base STR that's messed up.
EDIT: City combat STR looks pretty high, too. He must either have built all defence buildings or that STR calculation is off as well. Quite odd.

I never said no wars!
Either way - attacking a player behind that much with such a superior force is like stealing a lollypop AND a pacifier from a baby. :p
;)

A hacker is getting killed. It is our moral duty to make sure all the cheaters is chased away.

Keep up the good work and purge the map of hackers filth.

Gee, I never thought such cheating was possible in civ games.
As far as I know Civ 5 basically opened the floodgates for easy Multiplayer-Cheating and Beyond Earth didn't do anything to close them. Of course, it's less of a problem in Civ 5 because of the multiplayer-groups that have formed.

As far as I know Civ 5 basically opened the floodgates for easy Multiplayer-Cheating and Beyond Earth didn't do anything to close them. Of course, it's less of a problem in Civ 5 because of the multiplayer-groups that have formed.

Dang, when did this happen? If they're in the form of mods, wouldn't that make it easier to prevent?

Dang, when did this happen? If they're in the form of mods, wouldn't that make it easier to prevent?

As a rule of thumb, the easier a game is to mod, the easier it is to cheat via .dll injection in multiplayer.

It's quite tough to detect or prevent, and impossible to do anything about in a game that doesn't tie players to individual multiplayer accounts.

While it is easy to point the finger at mods, even games without mods are easy to hack if you are storing data in simple bytes rather than using pointers.

In Civ5 you had the ability at anytime to hit F9 and check the standings so it wasn't hard to cheat but it was hard to hide your cheating.

Civ:BE features no such system so you can go crazy.
He probably boosted the strength to kill aliens for the science since he was expecting 'no war', and you declaring war caught him out.

As another poster mentioned, having no concequences for cheating means that the only incentive not to cheat is to
Spoiler :
git gud

Cool. Thanks for the answers, folks. :)

I guess I'll try to limit my multiplayer on civ and civBE to specific groups so there's an easier method to enforce rules against cheating. I already know civ groups have blacklists on trade glitch users and quitters but there's always the problem of people changing names and of course, no VAC system for civ.

Thanks for the answers. I did win that war by simply taking his cities (I took the +50% city attack for my Dragoons).

Top Bottom