[Vote] (1-11) City-State Unit Gift Proposals

Approval Vote for Proposal #11 (instructions below)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recursive

Already Looping
Supporter
Voting Instructions
Players, please cast your votes in the poll above. Vote "Yea" for every proposal you'd be okay with if it were implemented. Vote "Nay" if you'd be okay if these proposals weren't implemented. You can vote for any number of options.

All votes are public. If you wish, you can discuss your choice(s) in the thread below. You can change your vote as many times as you want until the poll closes.

VP Congress: Session 1, Proposal 11

Title: Spawned units from friendly/allied militaristic city states spawn next to your capital
Proposer: @Little Billy
Sponsor(s): @Recursive
Previous Discussion Thread: https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...ity-states-spawn-next-to-your-capital.679071/

Proposal Details
Currently when a city state donates units to you they go to the nearest city to that city state, even if that city is a puppet. If I'm a warmongering conqueror and want whatever nice unit the city state gives, it's pretty likely that this city is either a puppet or hasn't had time to build the XP giving buildings in it yet. I then get a semi-crappy unit that's destined to be a garrison for its whole life, especially if it's not a UU. There are usually only about 3 or 4 chances to get those unique units in the whole game. I find it frustrating when one shows up with zero promotions and is way less useful than it should be.

As a side effect of this, if I conquer a garbage but strategically valuable city next to the city state, my choices are now to keep it a puppet and get bad unit donations or burn it down and lose the resources/healing territory/land/population. I wouldn't consider the city worth annexing at all in this case.

I propose that any units sent to you by a city state go to your capital, or the oldest coast city you have if it's a boat.

VP Congress: Session 1, Proposal 11a
Title: Spawned units from friendly/allied militaristic city states gain XP and promotions based on gifting state
Proposer: @ma_kuh
Sponsor(s): @Recursive
Previous Discussion Thread: https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...and-promotions-based-on-gifting-state.679075/

Proposal Details
Restating the problem:

Gifted units can arrive in perimeter or puppet cities with weak military infrastructure, greatly reducing their usability compared to other units you can field.

Proposed solution:
Gifted units should receive experience and promotions based on the city-state providing the gift. This normalizes the promotions they arrive with, making them equally valuable wether you just settled an expansion, occupied a territory, or have a massive capitol. This also continues the functionality of the unit arriving in the city nearest the city-state, which is a more realistic place for them to arrive, and more likely for them to be used on a battlefront.

Originally suggested by @Tekamthi:
not a bad solution, though i might be more inclined to have the gift-giving CS confer the XP and promos rather than the recipient city.

Moderator Action: I screwed up the question on this proposal a few times. Should be good now, votes are reset. - Oct 19, 3:55 AM CST

No but I counter this proposal with another: Give a clear counter until a city state will give you a unit. I recently discovered how overpowered the autocracy triple gifted unit policy is if you have 3 city state military allies. This means a free unit every 4-5 turns I believe.

I think the units you get from city states should be stacked up and you can "redeem" them whenever and wherever you like. Most of the time the city that gets attacked is NOT the capital, and if it is, that's the place I can easily build more units, buy units using the buildings I have as requirements, and have the most defensive buildings.

Proposal "Spawned units from friendly/allied militaristic city states gain XP and promotions based on gifting state" passed on November 1, 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom