(13) Proposal: Artistry OVERHAUL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the premise that the tradition/artistry golden/CV/GP spam playstyle is a bit one-dimensional. It's fun and there's plenty of interesting decisions to make, but the overall plan is very similar every time. However I don't think these changes are big enough to do anything. Tradition+artistry GP turtling would look almost exactly the same, and I would still choose fealty/statecraft over artistry in the same games I do now. I think shaking up the GP/GA/CV turtle style would require broader changes involving the other trees. The nature of tall GP strats is snowbally and you just want to get more GP stuff, which the other trees don't really offer.

I'm all for this change. It isn't the final step in changing tall gameplay, but it is interesting, in nerfing some aspects of the tree to make it more in line with others in only nerf gwam bonus, and stronger bonuses untied from ttall later, . I think it's a very good proposal as a step and it's very aesthetic that new line up of policies bonuses. It's a beautiful and useful cleanup of a very bloated tree

I sponsor the DLL change needed for this proposal.

Proposal Sponsors: pineappledan (other stuff), Recursive (DLL change).

(Sponsors have indicated that they are able and willing to perform the code changes required for this proposal if the community votes Aye on it. Other coders are free to sponsor this as well. A proposal without a sponsor will not advance to the Voting Phase.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom