14 people dead in cinema shooting

Maybe making guns harder to get? I don't know really, but this isn't anything new, there were calls after columbine, Virginia tech etc, but nothing appears to change.

Maybe making guns harder to get? I don't know really, but this isn't anything new, there were calls after columbine, Virginia tech etc, but nothing appears to change.

The vast majority of crimes committed using firearms are perpetrated by people who did not obtain their weapon legally. Don't attack law-abiding citizens (or their rights) to get at the criminals.

Got to defend dem guns I guess.

When I read the BBC posting about this on my Facebook, I thought it was a post from The Onion. I thought it was bad satire and was shocked when I realized it actually happened. :(

I doubt this will change anything, as sad as it is to say, America doesn't seem to want to learn from the past massacres, and thus there will be more

Useless, please don't hijack this thread. Make a separate thread to debate the politics.

I'm not hijacking it, I just thought that maybe people would learn from all the past shootings, but apparently not

I'm not hijacking it, I just thought that maybe people would learn from all the past shootings, but apparently not

Yeah, you're hijacking it.

Along with sill and holy king.

Well i don't see any disclaimer in the OP saying we shouldn't discuss gun politics.

There really are no words for this. Horrible.

One of the people shot was a baby. Who brings a baby to the midnight showing of batman?

Someone who cant find a babysitter at midnight....

And for the record, I dislike people who bring babies to movies....

Why does this sort of thing seem to happen on a monthly basis in this country? What is this, Somalia? Is there ANY way to stop these at all?

Someone who cant find a babysitter at midnight....

And for the record, I dislike people who bring babies to movies....

A loud movie with lots of explostions at midnight sounds like a pretty awful place for a three-month old...

You won't be able to get rid of the gun culture that exists in America.

As for the shooting, very tragic :(

It's very sad.

I might be possible for some communities to better deal with gun violence, but I wouldn't hold my breath on American gun culture to change anytime soon.

So the most effective strategy that I can see is to do our best to prevent violence. Identify people who are likely to commit this kind of crime and confront them before they do.

The vast majority of crimes committed using firearms are perpetrated by people who did not obtain their weapon legally. Don't attack law-abiding citizens (or their rights) to get at the criminals.

Maybe we should spend some time making it harder to get guns illegally then.

A friend of mine has a friend who was one of the injured. Three shots in the arm, one in the head, currently undergoing surgery.

Maybe we should spend some time making it harder to get guns illegally then.

The reason they are so easily available illegally though is the long history of them being so easily attainable legally.

How do you fix something like that?

Top Bottom