14 year old in Major League Soccer....

Originally posted by MCdread
Futbol is the spanish word. :p
Who asked you? And where did you come from anyway? :p

Spain and Portugal are practically the same anyway. Just like Scotland and England.

Originally posted by Hitro

Who asked you? And where did you come from anyway? :p

Spain and Portugal are practically the same anyway. Just like Scotland and England.
Yeah yeah Hitro... try to defend yourself. ;) :p ;)

By the way Obelix, if we don't say futbol in portuguese, how do we call it ? Futebol ?

You be quiet, if you had known it you could have said something. :p

Doesn't change anything about the facts of Football and Yankeeegg.

Originally posted by Pontiuth Pilate
Well it should definitely be a Brazilian [ie, Spanish] word because they always seem to win at it ;)
Hehe, own goal.

Assuming you know what that is... ;)

Originally posted by Pontiuth Pilate
Well it should definitely be a Brazilian [ie, Spanish] word because they always seem to win at it ;)

Football and Mudoball. How about that?
Brazilians speak actually portuguese and not spanish. However, their way to speak it is so "singy" that we should call it brajjjzilian... Futchebol...SammmbA... tchikitchikoum tchikitchikoum tchikitchikoum !

When you kick it into your own goal?

How about piebola?

EDIT: oops! You're right. Hm. It'll have to be a Portuguese word then.

Sadly, this kid will probably be a nobody in 10 years. It happens everytime, some sort of phenomenon comes at an early age and then he is burned out by the time he is 25.

Originally posted by Marla_Singer
Yeah yeah Hitro... try to defend yourself. ;) :p ;)

By the way Obelix, if we don't say futbol in portuguese, how do we call it ? Futebol ?

Indeed.
I think the gentleman from Bremen needs to take his pill and go to bed. :p

Indeed.
I think the gentleman from Bremen needs to take his pill and go to bed. :p
What are you doing up this late anyway? Yet another night of harassing poor actresses? :p

Oh, and on topic: a 14-year-old has to be an overrated hype, so far at least.

What are you doing up this late anyway? Yet another night of harassing poor actresses? :p

No, that's on Mondays. :D
But in the city-state of Bremen must be dawn soon. Aren't you gonna do something useful with your life?

Well, the kid played this years' U17 and U20 WCs and was very disappointing...

No, that's on Mondays. :D
But in the city-state of Bremen must be dawn soon. Aren't you gonna do something useful with your life?
Like studying Physics just to search for other fields of employment afterwards? :p
Well, the kid played this years' U17 and U20 WCs and was very disappointing...
The hype may still make him rich, Beckham's also disappointing, after all.

If I remember well what my bf told me.... McDread, are you supporting Sporting Lisboa or Benfica ? And you Hitro, you support the Werder ?

Well as you're asking me, I support Thierry Henry and Robert Pirès because they are just so cute ! I think Pirès has portuguese relatives so please like him too McDread !!!!

Now, about the PSG, according to my bf (always the same one... he's fascinated by those people running after a ball), the club has never had such an awful game before but it seems to work well for them. So of course I'm glad ! Even if I don't know the name of even one of their players :p !

Like studying Physics just to search for other fields of employment afterwards? :p

The key words there are studying and employment. Some of us are possessed with wide interests, some spend 80 euros in booze in one night. ;)

If I remember well what my bf told me.... McDread, are you supporting Sporting Lisbon or Benfica ? And you Hitro, you support the Werder ?
Just Werder, not the Werder. ;)

But who the hell is your boyfriend? John Ashcroft? :eek:
Or willemvanoranje? ;)
Well as you're asking me, I support Thierry Henry and Robert Pirès because they are just so cute !
:wallbash:
according to my bf (always the same one...
You got more than one? ;)

Oh, on topic, Henry is a great player, certainly much more than that kid...

If I remember well what my bf told me.... McDread, are you supporting Sporting Lisboa or Benfica ? And you Hitro, you support the Werder ?

Fortunately i'm sane and I don't suppoport either of those ridiculous joke clubs. I support the glorious FC Porto. :king:

Well as you're asking me, I support Thierry Henry and Robert Pirès because they are just so cute ! I think Pirès has portuguese relatives so please like him too McDread !!!!

Yes, his father is portuguese and his mother spanish. Pires (without the accent ;) ) is a portuguese name and is pronounced as something like "Piresh" or "Pirej". I like him, but not for the reasons you do...

Now, about the PSG, according to my bf (always the same one... he's fascinated by those people running after a ball), the club has never had such an awful game before but it seems to work well for them. So of course I'm glad ! Even if I don't know the name of even one of their players :p !

Their best player is portuguese: Pauleta. They have 2 more portuguese players I think.

P.S.: The name's MCdread. ;) I have no relatives in Scotland...

"Futbol"? Are we Brazilians or what? :p

Football is the game played with the foot. Yankeeball is the game where sissies in protective suits pretend to play Rugby.

Ok Hitro, I'm going to take your bait. Maybe if you didn't have your cute little SOCCER shorts on so tight you might get some oxygen to your head, which is obviously firmly embedded up your ass. I could give a crap about the acceptance of American football in Europe but, to call the players sissies shows your ignorance of the game and is akin to calling hockey players wimps. If you enjoy watching little monkeys chasing a ball more power to you. But please, know what you're talking about before you start throwing around insults.

Also, relax Canadians, it was just a comparison.

IMHO the best sports are soccer and hockey.

What kind of thinking is there in a sport where the players pause periodically to let someone outside the team decide what to do next? It's exactly that which makes football and baseball boring.

Hockey and soccer, on the other hand, require cooperation in real time, thus: quick reflexes and quick thinking.

Top Bottom