1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

[142.3] Graphic bug? Freedom finisher causes Great Wall graphics to be displayed

Discussion in 'Bug Tracking' started by Pep, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Pep

Pep Chieftain

As you can see in the picture, there're 2 Great Wall graphics:
    • Around Berlin (where's the Great Wall wonder).
    • Around my capital (I've fisnished the Freedom tree).

Is this a bug or it's intended?

Attached Files:

2. Thalassicus

Thalassicus Bytes and Nibblers

Not intended, but I can't fix it because the "border obstacle" effect is done in the game core only Firaxis has access to.

3. wobuffet

wobuffet Barbarian

Good to know anyway, I guess, although a different graphic would obviously be preferable.

Alternatively, would it be possible to give all players a notification (like the "Montezuma has entered the Medieval Era!" ones) when a Social Policy tree is completed? It'd be useful for gauging how close others are to a Cultural victory.

4. Thalassicus

On my todo list is a task to add a warning whenever an AI gets close to a victory... I just never got around to doing it.

5. wobuffet

wobuffet Barbarian

I'd concur that it's not an awfully high priority. :p

6. Jakexbox10

Jakexbox10 Chieftain

Shame I hope more game developers allow modding in there game without restriction.

7. Thalassicus

Firaxis gives us a lot more capabilities than most companies. Most console games don't have mod support at all... and often worse - modding is frequently against the terms of use. Companies apparently don't want us doing their work for them, for free, on our own time. :crazyeye:

8. albie_123

albie_123 Modding In Secret

This bug is kind of immersion breaking, I have to admit. While it's nice to know when an opponent has the freedom finisher, it takes away a lot of the uniqueness of the Great Wall.