1450BC - Turn Chat Instructions - Saturday, 12th October

We get from England:

All of their contacts (6 in all), Writing (or horseback riding), and 29g

We give: All of our contacts. (6 in all)

It goes all out, but it gives more trading potential. Tech trades may even be cheaper because of increased trade of knowledge.

The Babylonians (who apparently seem to be the furthest away) and Horseback Riding will be wagered on in the next round of trade. (yes, that means a pre-turn only turn chat)...

We can try to see who will give us contact before turning in for the night. That way, we don't have another pre-turn only turn chat.

Sci/Lux rate- 10/10 (the same)

north worker- move to Valhalla, until jag goes away or is killed
then worker builds road and mine one square SW of Valhalla.
reason- we want to keep our worker and improve terrain

south worker- finish current, then build road one square W of Morgana.
reason- connect Morgana and the iron to other cities

If the settler is produced, move it one square E of spices, unless Aztecs units threaten it.
reason- according to my calculations the settler should be done at about turn 8 or 9. Most people want to push SE, so it would be natural for the settler to move in that direction.

I am open to critisism. Even when it comes to spelling and grammer.

Assemble Swordsmen and Archers on -2, -14 on40j's Tactical map .

Once war has been declared on the Aztecs, move the assembled army (Consisting of all Swordsmen and archers) to the Aztec capital to attack, Intercept any enemy units while enroute to the Aztec capital.
Once we have captured the Aztec Capital. Rush build, If Zarn approves, A barrack and a Spearmen (The barrack should be first to best get the benifits of a instant heal). Move any injured units into the capital and garrison them untill they fully heal.
Once we have established a foot hold in ther capital (Build a barrack and spearmen, when Zarn approves). Fan out the army to attack the nearest city. Each team would consist of 2 swordsmen and 1 archer. Any extra units should be attached to one of the teams or if Zarn beleves that it is not possible to rush build a spearmen, then have any extra units fortify there (I suggest fortifing a unit with the highest defense score ). The swordsmen should attack first since they have a higher chance of winning.

instructions of the bpa

in the abscence of instructions from two of my mayors (who shall remain nameless) please undertake the following:
worker: road to morgana
bavaria: warrior, warrior, temple, library
valhalla: warrior, warrior, settler, temple
morgana: warrior, warrior, settler, temple
all of the above are, of course, subject to change once i recieve updates

When writing/if writing is completed move on to lit.

Please do the following trades:

Give contact with Japanese to England in exchange for 20g and horseback riding.

Give contact with American and England to India in exchange for contact with Babylon, 24g and writing.

2nd possibility:

England: all contacts, writing, horseback
we give: all contacts, 69g

hey, elektikos, or anyone else... can someone post the raw save? they aren't showing up in the zips, dang xp...

and something else:
where the is the plaintext summary?
it should be in all(!) threads.... i hope donsig is being nominated for president someday again so i can vote for good summaries :p

Well, as you know, you can pay for donsig's excellent summaries...

I think that needs to stop - it's mixing the RPG in with the demogame, and there's people who don't even want to bother with the RPG. So, that means they won't be able to see a summary.

I would like some help, I can't seem to work save game from here if someone could PM with instructions on how to work it I'd be very grateful.

Originally posted by Chieftess
I think that needs to stop - it's mixing the RPG in with the demogame, and there's people who don't even want to bother with the RPG. So, that means they won't be able to see a summary.

I agree that it is shame that others don't see the summaries donsig produces, as they are quite good, and my involvement with RPG is limited to simply keeping my subscription up to date.

Much like turn chat, other people seem to be enjoying RPG, and it was approved, so I just stay out of the way....unless of course one of our citizens attempts to sell votes...

@SaaM's idea: Anyone up for making an official poll?
That would at least settle once and for all wether that should be a problem or not. (Please disregard this comment if there already is a poll on this :) )

I think it would need to be discussed further.

As I see it, there is already a separation of RPG and the Game, so I am not sure what SaaM is advocating.

I too am disappointed that the RPG seems to get all of the attention, but participation is a free choice.

For what I understand from SaM's post, he is probably referring to donsig's not-so-free-of-charge summaries.
If I understand him correctly - then there should be no areas of conflict between the game and the rpg - since the rpg is extra - and not all participants in the demogame participate in the rpg.

As posts in this thread have pointed out, there is at least one rpg "feature" that should be available to the demogame-part of the demogame. (by "feature" I refer to donsig's summaries again, though theoretically anyone could write a summary similar to what I hear he writes).

What I am getting at is that anything vital (or at least important) to the demogame should be available to the demogame fora - and not be limited to the rpg forum. (Hopefully I made my conclusion understandable. Pardon my french; I am Norwegian:) )

Top Bottom