1492: Onwards to Glory (Sign Ups and OOC Discussion)

Dibs on Bengal, bang on the start of the long line of muslim kings.
Possible Advisor :

Approve ?

Yesterday actually :|

I know there's alot of standing questions, they will be resolved as soon as I can.

Tentative schedule is that I have a test tonight I'll be studying/prepping for, but I'm hoping that we will see the update and stats tomorrow or Friday.

An update to the update, yes it's coming, but it's also 10 pages long so far. Don't worry, no DoA from me :)

Is that in size 100?

Yep, the first update is nearly done. But you can join for the second turn.

No thats, the entire update :p

Naw I just wanted to tease it a little, I'm hoping to finish update, map and stats tonight :)

The IC thread doesn't mention Bengal ? :(

A few notes on the Update, the NES, Orders, ect.

On Sending Orders:

I would really appreciate it if orders were titled like this:

[Country Name], [Years of Update]* Orders

(I will also accept Turn number)

So for this turn, the French player will send his orders titled as

France, 1496-1498 Orders.

This greatly eases my searching for your orders. I am ok with some variety, but please do not title your orders like this

-"Orders"
-"My Orders"
-"Sorry for Late Orders"

ect.

If you at least put your nation's name in the orders, it makes it SO much easier for me :)

On Writing Orders:

While your orders were fairly good for the most part, I did see a thread of common mistakes

-Some orders I received only covered one year. Please remember we are doing 3 year turns :)
-Some orders I received had actions, but not the year they occurred in. It is totally acceptable to give me time lines such as: 1. Put down X Rebellion 2. Sell B territory to Y Kingdom 3. Invade the L Republic. However, if I have nothing, you leave it up to my discretion.
-I saw a variety of spending ways, with some people trying to make exact budgets, others doing percentages, and others something in between. Unfortunately this is an era of HIGHLY fluctuating budgets (for example, in this period, 80% of England's income came from trade dues, as well as a similarly high portion for Denmark). I am trying to find a situation to have both realistic budgets, and give you all some control of your budgets, but I would like to assure you that for the most part, specific budget managing is generally unneeded. The bigger emphasis is on internal political controls, diplomacy, military, and colonization. While money is important, and higher incomes=bigger armies and navies, this is not a number cruncher's game.

Speaking of economies. Any income that was spent on "Improving economy" or "encouraging trade" was left unspent as a gift from me to you. If you want to improve your trade, or at least maintain it, be sure your sea lanes are protected (done automatically unless your fleet is otherwise occupied), your nation peaceful, your roads repaired (done automatically), and perhaps most importantly, be on a major trade route. No matter how much they try, Moldavia's probably not gonna see a whole lot of trade action. I am not going to list the ways to divert trade from your nation, but I assure you there are many.

For "improving economy", depending on what you want will determine what you should do. If you want a bigger army/navy and the funds to support it, all you need to do is increase your taxes, be it on your nobles, merchants, or peasants. If you want a bigger economy and larger GDP, then please invest in specific projects, such as new mines or something of that nature, but I will note that these sorts of actions are highly irregular for the time period.

On Interpreting your Orders:

First off, did I misinterpret your orders? If so, PLEASE PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT UPDATE ISSUES. I am committed to making this an enjoyable experience, and if I blatantly misread them, then that is totally my fault.

However, if you meant your orders one way, and it did not go the way you intended, that is NOT my mistake.

An example would be something like "Carefully word X so that no one notices that I have given myself the ability to do Y", or "Only do B action to disloyal faction C members". No one is going to be fooled for a second. Appearances matter, and while you may only be targeting a specific portion of a faction (such as disloyal nobles), when you act against a faction by doing things like revoking titles, disbanding armies, ect. is going to upset EVERYONE in the faction. You cannot have your cake and eat it too.

On Writing the Update:

Writing the update apparently took two weeks. While a variety of reasons played into this, the truth is that while I'm in school (until the end of May), my updating time is mostly restricted to the weekends. The nes is not dead, but bi weekly updates are probably going to be the norm for now.

On the Update Reactions:

-Are you upset? Please PM me, and I am happy to address your concerns :)

-Please be sure to separate OOC knowledge from IC actions. For example, it would be fairly out of character if the player of Denmark decided to take action against the Furhaken brother specifically, or if the Chinese player decided to randomly execute one of his trusted advisers.

-Please remember that even if something was not in the update, it does not mean nothing happened. Things are going on all over our beautiful world, and while I'll try to include as much as I can into the update, I cannot include everything. I am hoping the "Dispatches" section can help cover things not within the POV characters sight.

-Speaking of POV characters, please do not fret if you do not have a POV character in your country. As you may have seen, not only will POV characters observe happenings around their nations, but they will also change. And while I may not take every suggestion of POV characters you have, I do keep them in mind, and any character that is suggested I do create a small profile to at the very least keep tabs on them.

-Whether you did or did not get a POV character, it is totally acceptable to ask me any questions you might have :)

In Regards to Stat Changes:

-Unless either a. out of funds b. out of men, or c. specifically requested, lost units are automatically reinforced, or in case of ships, rebuilt.

-Your incomes changed, possibly mundanely, possibly dramatically. If you'd like a yearly breakdown, please give me a visitor message.

In regards to those who did not send orders:

The Teutonic Order, Mamluk Sultanate, and Korea are all open. In addition, the Ottoman Empire is open, though I am going to require an application of a sort and will require me to approve of that player.

In regards to those that have asked to join:

I see you, I promise I will get to you shortly

To Iggy, DuneBear, I have not forgotten you :(

All in all, I greatly enjoyed this, and I hope we have a great NES! :D

Thordamned Swedes, going along, ruining my perfect Union! *shakes fist repeatedly*

Nice update, BTW. I think this NES has one of my favorite update styles I've ever played in.

Thanks Omega, I really appreciate that :) I hope it's worth it then!

All stats are done, please private message me if there are any errors or have any questions. Please note you might be a little confused about the financial part of it, and if you message me I'd be happy to breakdown individual incomes by year :)

Top Bottom