with best Christmas greetings

Wotan49
:old::xmascheers:

Attachments

• 150-ton Land Monitor2.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 26
  • 150-ton Land Monitor1.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 27
Now that is IMPRESSIVE. I just wish that I was a lot better at adding units. Oz, what are you thinking off to use as combat stats? At 150 tons, that should be a 6 inch/155mm gun as the main weapon.

Thank you very much I'm happy and I feel honored
for you:newyear:

Wotan49

Now that is IMPRESSIVE. I just wish that I was a lot better at adding units. Oz, what are you thinking off to use as combat stats? At 150 tons, that should be a 6 inch/155mm gun as the main weapon.
It's for my Terra Fantasia mod. TF is set 120,000 years ago, before the last Ice Age. It assumes that we - Homo sapiens - left Africa about 100,000 years before we actually did. I'm still working on Unit stats, and am using sufficiently novel approaches that I'm hoping to be able to beta release it Era by Era, and this wonderful Beast (Oh, thank you again, @Wotan49! :worship: ) won't appear until Era 3.

II'm using the Culture Groups in a way I think you might have fun with. The 5 CGs represent the environments within which each Civ evolved: Hills; Woods; Plains; Rivers, and ... Seafaring :).

So the CGs are spread across the globe (which is much different than now: higher temperatures and sea levels; etc.) There are 3 Civs per each CG, with the Seafarers beginning in Central America (acting as a "Panama Canal"), the second = Suez, and the third in Indonesia. Each CG has its own advantages over the others. The Seafarers will always have superior naval units, etc., while being a bit more challenged on land.

When the Techs become equivalent to the ACW, all Civs except the Seafarers will have Floating Batteries, whereas the Seafarers will have (superior) Monitors.

When Kerosene is invented, the Seafarers will build these gigantic Land Monitors, very slow - and very deadly.

Another advantage that the Seafarers will possess will be that Palaces will have the "+1 in Water Tiles" flag set - and, of course, only the Seafarers will have Palaces on Coasts ... And if you think that I won't be picking your mind for more thoughts along the way, you'd be quite mistaken.

:D

It's for my Terra Fantasia mod. TF is set 120,000 years ago, before the last Ice Age. It assumes that we - Homo sapiens - left Africa about 100,000 years before we actually did. I'm still working on Unit stats, and am using sufficiently novel approaches that I'm hoping to be able to beta release it Era by Era, and this wonderful Beast (Oh, thank you again, @Wotan49! :worship: ) won't appear until Era 3.

II'm using the Culture Groups in a way I think you might have fun with. The 5 CGs represent the environments within which each Civ evolved: Hills; Woods; Plains; Rivers, and ... Seafaring :).

So the CGs are spread across the globe (which is much different than now: higher temperatures and sea levels; etc.) There are 3 Civs per each CG, with the Seafarers beginning in Central America (acting as a "Panama Canal"), the second = Suez, and the third in Indonesia. Each CG has its own advantages over the others. The Seafarers will always have superior naval units, etc., while being a bit more challenged on land.

When the Techs become equivalent to the ACW, all Civs except the Seafarers will have Floating Batteries, whereas the Seafarers will have (superior) Monitors.

When Kerosene is invented, the Seafarers will build these gigantic Land Monitors, very slow - and very deadly.

Another advantage that the Seafarers will possess will be that Palaces will have the "+1 in Water Tiles" flag set - and, of course, only the Seafarers will have Palaces on Coasts ... And if you think that I won't be picking your mind for more thoughts along the way, you'd be quite mistaken.

:D
You are perfectly welcome to pick my brain. Just make sure you leave a fraction of it for me. :lol::lol::goodjob:

Top Bottom