[151] Diplo text broken in Unofficial Patch (not VEM)

ayronis

Chieftain
Thalassicus - I am a brand new Civ5 player who is still trying to find my way around this new, interesting, frustrating game. Anyway, I followed your instructions to "_" out the VEM, and it seemed to work, but whenever I engage in diplomacy in the game the diplomacy text is entirely missing. When I reload the game with the "_" removed from the VEM folder, the diplomacy text works correctly, so I suspect the lua file for the diplomacy is located in the VEM side only. Is there anyway you can include the necessary diplomacy file in the Unofficial patch so the Unofficial patch mod will work as intended?

If the error is on my side, I apologize. I'm utterly brand new to modding in Civ5 and I'm pretty sure I followed all the instructions precisely. (Double checked it with the Quil18 video too).

Thanks for all your amazing efforts - as a longtime Civ4 veteran, your work is appreciated.

Thanks for bringing this up. I recently changed some diplomacy text, which probably caused the problem. I'll figure out what's going on.

Edit: I possibly fixed the issue; try it again in v152.2 when I release it later today. :)

Thanks for bringing this up. I recently changed some diplomacy text, which probably caused the problem. I'll figure out what's going on.

Edit: I possibly fixed the issue; try it again in v152.2 when I release it later today. :)

Wow, that was fast! Everything seems to be working again. Thanks, Thalassicus.

Top Bottom