1650 A.D Scenario start

Nahtanoj

Alaskan President
Im new at this so i may take some time... Im starting to make a scenario for around 1650 AD, where North America is partially being dominated by spain England France and a little of Russia. So far im researching the locations and names of cities and placingthem. I need some help with renaming leaders like England France and all the others. In World Builder im usiong the 1000 AD map and civs which ill have to switch around so... if you wanna help with this or play as a test or something than your welcome here. So plz help i really want this to get going.

P.S This is my first scenario

Email me at : Jonjonboy123@yahoo.com :king:

So far ive just took a blind guess at the North American cities but ive researched more so now i have a better idea as to what their location and names where:goodjob:

Good for you!:thumbsup: (I'm guessing you've corrected the names in the screenshot then...) 't Would be helpful if you stated the scope and/or purpose of your scenario though; for instance, is it North America only? :confused:

Good for you!:thumbsup: (I'm guessing you've corrected the names in the screenshot then...) 't Would be helpful if you stated the scope and/or purpose of your scenario though; for instance, is it North America only? :confused:

Yeah... its probably going to be north and south America because i wanna have it when spain controls most of south america and half of north america, english 13 colonies, and french louisiana.

I've done some research and discovered the kings of England and France. I'll send them in PM to you, ok?

I've done some research and discovered the kings of England and France. I'll send them in PM to you, ok?

On the map im going to have the americas but still incorporateother civs from europe

this is going to be a mod for regular civ 4 vanilla. ive worked on this map and made changes to the last one.
Spoiler :

im going to add more of the fur resouce in new france and whale on the north east coast.

i used sevin forkbeard or someone as dutch...because of a lack of space i had to willmington for the swedish.

if anyone can help plz find a link for a map of spanish conquered land in north america and south:goodjob:

currently working on south america

Honestly, you need a different map. One that zooms in on north america.

See that river on the NE of your image? That's the St. Lawrence. Both Montreal and Quebec are on that river. Montreal is where the river "forks" into two paths, and Quebec is half way between that and the ocean. Both are on the North side of the river...

Ie, you need a larger map! :)

Try grabing a "huge earth map", and then cutting out everything except North America maybe?

Honestly, you need a different map. One that zooms in on north america.

See that river on the NE of your image? That's the St. Lawrence. Both Montreal and Quebec are on that river. Montreal is where the river "forks" into two paths, and Quebec is half way between that and the ocean. Both are on the North side of the river...

Ie, you need a larger map! :)

Try grabing a "huge earth map", and then cutting out everything except North America maybe?

Well im doing the colonalization of north AND south america so im probably going to construct my own map or cut it from others

thanks for the suggestion:goodjob:

rather than trying to get a request for the north american map... ihave updated my computer so i can run GEM!

so now the world will be in corrpurrated or sumtin like that.

i have patch 1.74 and civ vanilla
this will be a simple scenario for all.

i need help with renaming civs

thanks to anyone intrested for helpin

This is great!
I can now write my xml documents including the leaderheads and civs!
im actually not using the gem since its my first map :lol:

im stickin with the NA map i found, since i havent gotten any reply im going to use it... if you take a look at it im going to be usin these civs in it

america= kingdom of england led by James VI king of the scotts
Persian= Dutch

editing sooner post on this

Hey Nahtanoj

For a map you can always cut my map and remove the resources :p

Also, I should have all the historical knowledge you need, all xml/ART!!!, and some coding assistance you need to give. You can consider me a joined team member; pm me if you have a specific request, though I'll watch your thread too (annoyingly, thread subscription's no longer work for me :( )

and thanks for watching my mod grow :p

Kevin :)

EDIT: Also, what do you mean with help renaming civs? Is this going to be a miniature mod?

Hey Nahtanoj

For a map you can always cut my map and remove the resources :p

Also, I should have all the historical knowledge you need, all xml/ART!!!, and some coding assistance you need to give. You can consider me a joined team member; pm me if you have a specific request, though I'll watch your thread too (annoyingly, thread subscription's no longer work for me :( )

and thanks for watching my mod grow :p

Kevin :)

EDIT: Also, what do you mean with help renaming civs? Is this going to be a miniature mod?

What I mean by Renaming civs is going into the xml and leader head info and change the names to what they were at that time

any way welcome to the team ill update my sig

Sorry I may be a bit slow through the forums right now. Do you still need Spanish maps? I'll pm you with what I think of civ names/name changes shortly.

I would suggest, if this is a historic map, that you adapt this from RFC, so that you can control what happens territorially, but if not, maybe we can program some territorial elements in all the same. If from RFC, it would be a matter of making a few settler maps (which I can do in about half an hour per civ), deleting some civs (from xml and sdk) and doing some mild sdk reference adding/deleting.

Kevin

Top Bottom