1766AD - What wonders will we build next?

Choose the wonders we should build!

• Statue of Liberty

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Eiffel Tower

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Women's Suffrage

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • United Nations

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Hoover Dam

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters

Zwelgje

Deity
The wonders that are left are the following:

Statue of Liberty - Eliminates the period of anarchy normally experienced when changing government types, and allows the choice of any government type available (even if the requisite advances have not been discovered). 400 shields

Eiffel Tower - When first build (or captured), every civilization's attitude is immediately shifted 25% in your favor, and continues to gradually improve over time. Other civilizations are also quicker to forget your past transgressions. 300 shields Indians will complete it next turn!

Women's Suffrage - Acts as a police station in every friendly city. (decreases unhappiness caused by units away from the city by one per unit) 600 shields Russians are building it!

United Nations - You automatically establish an embassy with every rival civilization, and enemy civilizations are forced to offer cease-fire or peace during negotiations. In addition, under democracy you can succesfully declare war 50% of the time. 600 shields

Hoover Dam - Acts as a hydro plant in every friendly city. (increases factory output by 50% and reduces pollution caused by shield production by 50%) 600 shields

SETI Program - Counts as a research lab in every friendly city, effectively doubling your science output. 600 shields

Cure for Cancer - Makes one content citizen happy in every friendly city. 600 shields

Apollo Program - Allows the construction of spaceship improvements by all civilizations and reveals the entire map. 600 shields

I don't think we can build them all. ;) So we have to decide which ones we want badly and which ones we will leave for the AI! Important wonders on short term are IMHO the Statue of Liberty (to re-establish government when it falls) and Women's Suffrage (to decrease unhappiness when our armies are abroad).
In the near future Hoover Dam is very important to establish higher production without massive amounts of pollution.
On the long term SETI Program (for more science) and Cure for Cancer (increase happiness) are important.

First things first:
We'd like to know what wonders to build when choosing from the following list:
- Statue of Liberty
- Eiffel Tower
- Women's Suffrage
- United Nations
- Hoover Dam
You can choose more than one! (if I manage to post a multi-poll)

When the other wonders become available a new poll will be posted on what to build.

I voted for Women's Suffrage largely because someone else is already building it. UN and Eiffel tower are low on my priority list, SoL mid-level, and Women's Suffrage/Hoover Dam would be high priorities for me, of the ones available now.

I went for SoL and UN. We're probably going to win this by conquest. The last thing we need is the senate interferring and signing cease-fires and peace treaties mid-war. UN would reduce that. SoL would let us recover from Government collapse if the senate fails us, meaning we can continue our war.

In the last turn I had to provoke the Spanish into breaking the cease-fire the senate agreed to so that we could take Barcelona (SUN TZU) and control two of the Spanish isles. In doing so we lost a unit. If we have these two Wonders, then it would be much easier!

Wow!! Three way tie at the moment!! We are split! Maybe further discussion is needed to help me decide which to build first!

Plus, where to build it? Traditionally RC is Wonder City, but what if another major city is ready to build first? Our rail network means our freight could reach cities as far away as Routskilde in one turn. I play in less than 70 hours.

Women's Suffrage would would avoid having to build all these Police Stations...
And if Russians are already involved in, we can cut the grass under their feet. Do you know what are they able to build else at that moment ?

Eiffel Tower : Indians will complete it next turn, so no need to go in this way

the couple Statue of Liberty+UN is very interesting by now ; that means 1000 sheilds, or 20 Vans.

Hoover Dam (for high production), SETI (avoid all labs) and
Cure for Cancer (+1 happy) are MUST obligatory Wonders.

IMO,
1=Cure
2= Hoover and
3= SETI

but if nobody is involved in by now, maybe we can wait a little bit....

Recently, AI's have started building wonders as soon as they have the technology, so I'm guessing they have no alternatives to switch to.

A couple of minutes later.....

I just check the embassies we have. Indians are ready to complete two Eiffel Towers next turn. They have Industrialization, so can switch the second to Womens Suffrage and finish it next turn too!! :eek:

We need a plan how to build Womens Suffrage in 1 turn!!

After looking further, RC has 7 of the 12 vans needed for WS. Another will arrive from PF this turn. MT has 1 ready to roll. That leaves us short by 3. So we'd need to RB the rest.

MT is probably considered an unsafe town. By switching production in Neuma or MD (as discussed elsewhere) would waste shields, but reduce cost of rush buying.

Comments?

I voted purely for Women's Sufferage to break the tie. It will prove very useful for city growth and military, and the Russians are already building it. They are weak, but can we take a chance?

I suggest all wonders be built in either RC or Elysium (or Trondheim!?) so the F8 Top Five cities remains useful.

Eiffel Tower seems irrelevant to me.

Very important are Hoover Dam to cut pollution, Statue of Liberty to reduce chaos, Genetic Cure to boost population like Hanging Garders did, and eventually SETI if we don't already have Howitzers. UN may also prove useful to control our Senate.

I believe the AI is only building Women's Sufferage.

We need more Freight. We have 78 cities and only 16 are building Frt. IPRB has been approved several times in the recent past. Our Queen may already be implementing this plan, but I state it clearly here:
Continuously IPRB Frt as follows: Once production is 22 or more, IPRB=30. Then next turn consider IPRB=40
The exception is a city building 7 shields per turn, "The Rule of 28": when production is 21 or 28, IPRB=30 then wait 3 turns.

Freight for Wonders, also Silk Silver Gems to Indian Demand.

I defenitly prefer let them their Eiffel Tower if they such hardly want it !

If you decide to go and build this SW wonder, I think this plan is a good one (or the least worse one !)

So, we have some questions to answer. Indians will build Womens Suffrage next turn.
a) Do we still want it, or is it not worth the hassle of completing it in one turn?
b) If we do want it, do we build it in RC (wasting 20 sheilds) or Elysium (wasting 6)?
c) If we don't want it, so we hope it's build in Madras and incite a revolt? I wouldn't recommend this. It'll be very expensive and we haven't the troops in India to defend 3 cities, in my opinion.

Shall we discuss here, or have a poll?

I would say :
let's go into hte competiion, and try to build it in Elysium

IMO, the revolt in Madras is not a good idea by now. To dangerous (they would agress us after), and not so cheap, I think...

## 100 posts - still 200 and I will have my avatar !!###

Originally posted by civ1-addict
Are you sure the Indians have the tech to build WS?
Otherwise we're worrying for nothing!

Womens Suffrage requires Industrialization. This is the screenie from our embassy with the Indians. At then end of the last turn, the 'almost completed Eiffel Tower' message came up twice, so they'll need to switch the second.

They just stole the tech from us this last round, so they can build it.

Eiffel tower is 300 shileds, WS is 600 shields. So, even if they have two cities that are about the finish Eiffel Tower, it should take them some turns to get the other 300 shields together, so we don't need to worry about a 1 turn build. If it's in a city with large production capacity and it had the 300 shields for Eiffel already done, I would think we would have 10-15 turns (assuming they don't use any freight to do it sooner)

If we want WS, keep the freight we have available, find a city that will finish/can be rush built in a turn or two, IPRB more freight on the same continent and we can easily be ready for it in about 5 turns without wasting anything. Then we can either build it when we are ready or wait until we get the almost completed message.

Good observations Duke!
Rush the vans needed and build WS within 5 turns or so. We'll be fine! :)

Don't waste too much time though, I don't want them to steal/research another tech so that they can switch again when we build WS sooner. They must be forced to abandon. ;)

Duke, you are right!!!!

I checked when they started building Eiffel. It was 1756ad, only 5 turns ago!

Duke, you should be renamed :
"King of Marlbrough"

Top Bottom