18 Civs for Earth and Europe

Luke1195

Chieftain
Hey everyone I made these two scenarios and decided to post them on this site.

The 18 Civs World Map "Earth Major Cities" is just like the original except it has pre-placed cities with no city razing. It also has all wonders already built in the correct cities. Most of the cities are Barbarian cities but there are no barbarians and each Civ starts out with Warriors and Archers to conquer the Barbarian cities around them. In order to prevent more city building, mountains and oases were created everywhere a new city could have been made, so AI can't found new cities. Don't worry though - there are plenty of Barbarian cities.
To even things out, each civilization starts with three cities instead of one, and the cities have some minor improvements around them. They also have some population and culture. Each capital gets 12000 culture so they are listed as the top cities even when another city gets a Great Artist culture bomb. Each civilization starts out with 3000 gold because otherwise civilizations with Holy Cities (Egypt, India, China, Arabia) would get an advantage from the incoming wealth.
Even with the above, having all wonders pre-built still causes the playing field to be somewhat uneven. Some civilizations have 5 or more wonders (America, Greece, Egypt) while others have none (Mongolia). Also, France builds culture twice as fast as everyone else because the Eiffel Tower causes automatic Broadcast Towers to be placed in every city (I tried getting rid of them, but it looks like the game has a check against that.). This usually causes London and Berlin to be overtaken by French culture. It also causes some problems for Spain. The United Nations and the Apostolic Palace being built from the start also poses issues, as the elections are random and can vastly change the game. If this bothers you, you should take out the UN and Apostolic Palace and whatever wonders you don't want, whether its all wonders after a certain era, or specific ones, or all of them.

The Europe Map is the same as the original with 18 Civs and some minor changes to resources. The Civilizations start out with their capital cities founded. Egypt's capital is Memphis since Thebes is off the map, and the Ottoman capital is Ankara since the Byzantine capital Constantinople is the same city as Istanbul.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Europe 18 Civs.CivBeyondSwordWBSave
    613.3 KB · Views: 427
  • Earth Major Cities.CivBeyondSwordWBSave
    829.5 KB · Views: 364
Hello,
I know you posted this six years ago, but I am replying anyway. The starting city of the Celts, Bibracte, is in the south of France. On the Europe 18 Civs map I provided here in 2015, the Celts do start in the south of France, with their capital as Bibracte, in its geographically correct position, along with all the other cities I placed on the maps. So, I'm not sure why you posted this comment, as I feel it potentially caused people for six years to think the Europe map was inaccurately having the Celtic capital of Bibracte not in the south of France, and then not download my map. I want everyone to know that this is not true, and all the maps I posted here in 2015 are good. Not the best by far, but still playable, and definitely not as inaccurate enough to have Bibracte not in the south of France. Furthermore, I want everyone who comes to this thread to know that since the beginning of this year, I have returned to Civ4, and have been working on a much, much better version of this. It is still in the works, but if you see this comment, be excited because it is 32 civs, with waaay more cities and resources, hyper-accurately placed, and some python and xml coding. Hopefully will be out before the end of this year.

Thank you :) Bibracte is in that spot -- I guess by south of France, I was thinking "south" as in "below Paris", i.e. below France's starting position. Honestly my new maps will be so much better anyway, I wish they were not taking so long...

Last edited:
Top Bottom