1806 Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke of Marlbrough

The Quiet Moderator
Retired Moderator
I tried to get 10 turns in, but only got about 7 done.

We have discovered a lot of techs. Flight was avoided as long as possible, but we have since passed it. We have 9 more techs to be done with the normal techs.

I have been delivering freight to give us enough science to give us a tech and have one scientist sitting in Doughnutia to roll us over to the next tech. Science is currently at 0%.

Cash wise we have been Rush Buying the production in any city that had at least one shield towards it. This last turn we had almost 7000 gold left over after doing just that.

This turn we started working on Advanced flight and have almost 12,000 gold before any freight deliveries.

I have been pushing units into the face of the AI players to try and get them to attack us. Only a French Crusader was unfortunate enough to attack us. Thus, the French are now dead.

None of the other civs have done much of anything about our units. The Indians have just discovered Conscription, so I have started a few Howitzers to help deal with them if the chance ever arises. They have a couple Ironclads floating around our cities closest to them. Perhaps some Coastal Fortress' up there would be prudent.

In the mean time I have been building railroads in the AI Civs terrain so that if we are ever able to attack them we can take as much as possible.

We have many freight sitting outside cities ready to deliver and many more that we just produced that need to be transported around.

Shipping routes are:
Electrical - Mount Leo
Fort Jayne - RF
Igloria - Knossos

Have at it!

I doubt I will do as well as the Duke, but I'll have a go whenever I get time for it. Right now, we've had quite a lot of work, but hopefully it'll blow over soon.:)

I'm into sxn games, so as soon as I get caught up with my other obligations, I'm willing to step in for a few turns. Any specific rules (I'm assuming stay spotless; also are we to stay democracy?) that I need to know?

Probably no sooner than Wednesday.

No city bribing, stay spotless. I think that's it.

I was trying to goad the AI into attacking us, but it wasn't doing too much. Without dropping out of Democracy (which we could do), a small spaceship may be the next best thing.

If you get your turns in before funxus, start a new thread with the summary and such.

I've begun playing, played 3 turns yesterday. I will end school early today, and am off tomorrow, so I'll probably have time to play some more. We're advancing 1 tech/turn, population's growing, the other civs aren't keen to declare war. Should I build any of the wonders? SETI or Manhattan? None are of big use at the moment, but we're getting a few cities that don't have very much else to build than food vans.

I agree with the freight thoughts -- any chance of two techs per turn?

Are we loving our cities enough?

Go ahead with SETI (if you have too much $$, feel free to spend a little) -- I'd hold off with Manhatten until we're about to land on an alien planet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom