1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

1900 AD - XX Century in Europe ( WW1-WW2 )

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Scenarios' started by MaxRiga, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Folket

Folket Deity

From all I can find Austria manage to defend succesfully against Italy.

I'm not the best to compare but I would say that Austria was a greater power then Italy at the time and at least the same at Ottomans. Surly they were undeveloped compared to France, Germany and England and far behind russia in military might.

2. Sonereal

Sonereal ♫We got the guillotine♫ Supporter

Italy is pretty weak, even in this scenario. They ended up being gobbled up by France. Then again, so did Spain.

3. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Correct. But the Austrians started a counter-offensive - and messed it up so badly the Germans had to intervene. Most of their commanders were mediocre at best. They weren´t undeveloped, they simply weren´t a great power anymore; Russia was underdeveloped though; their main asset was their huge manpower reserve.

4. Folket

Folket Deity

Still great scenario.

I'm playing German on Diety and I seem to be winning after 50 turns. Seems like the dates are weird, as it is not year 3860 AD. Which would the hardest nation to play be?

5. Sonereal

Either Italy or the Ottomans.

6. Folket

Folket Deity

Well, I guess I'm selling the skin to early. Now I got into a four front war and it seems like the Ottomans are preparing as well. Some irregularities with techs. Seems like Germany lacks Engineering and some other tech that they have many techs after.

I look up some numbers. Austria-Hungaria had 40 million people, as many as the UK, there is no way they could be as developed and not a great power.

7. Folket

Folket Deity

Played some Ottoman tonight. Really a wonderful scenario. I will have to download your medeival scenario later, but I find this epoch more interesting.

8. Sonereal

China around this period had well over 500 million people.

9. Folket

Folket Deity

Very true, but they were far behind in development. I was commenting on an earlier comment that Austria-Hungeria was not behind in development but anyway not a great power.

10. Sonereal

I think Italy should probably be the minor nation in this game since Austria-Hungary was far more important in the war than Italy really was.

11. Folket

Folket Deity

Does anyone else have problem with nations on popups. When war is declared I get wrong flags and when I asked Germany to declare war on Italy he declared war on Russia.

Germany looks mean on Diety. Armour and infantry everywhere. Guess he feels good about himself as he declared on France, Russia and Me(Ottomans) within a few turns.

Seems like there are two statue of libertys. At least diplomacy says England has one and there is one in Riga as well. I guess I should load the game with England and have a look.

12. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Yes, that´s correct. While the Austrian navy did very well in fending off the (much bigger) Italian navy, by declaring war on Serbia they effectively signed their own death warrant (as did Ottoman Turkey by joining the Centrals). Unlike Germany, France or Britain, Austria had no overseas colonies and they were very much the junior partner in their alliance with Germany - which, incidentally, may have played a part in the decision to go ahead with their aggression against Serbia; it was one of the last truly independent decisions Austria could make in their foreign policy. Internally, the various nations that made up the state were increasingly at odds with eachother and a possible conquest of Serbia would only have exarcabated the nationality problems; they were basically in a lose-lose-situation...

13. MaxRiga

MaxRiga Emperor

thx all for your replay. Be sure I consider everything you say but sometimes, unfortunately, it's really hard to balance scenarios without doing some "silly" things
    new version is up. have fun

14. Folket

Folket Deity

Could you post a change log?

15. sokar

sokar Chieftain

How do you install if you are using Steam?

16. Sonereal

Go to your documents and look for the "My Games" folder. In it should be your CiV folder. From there, look for your maps folder and drop the map into the folder.

17. MaxRiga

MaxRiga Emperor

You can download mod which allows you to play with the right time-turns from the first page of this topic.

18. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

19. makke

makke Warlord

Nice mod. Had nice time playing it last night until.. It went like this:

1. I play with Germany
    2. I got in to the war with Russia, and capture Warsav and Riga from ruski's.
    3. Ottoman and France want suddenly to destroy me and declare war.
    4. Austria/hungary is being destroyed and I lose cities almost each turn. I give Riga and warsav to Russia to make them not want to attack me.
    5. Russia attacks France and I reach the tech, which give me acces to make Panzers
    6. I take back whole Germany, and also I capture Vienna and Prague as my puppets.
    7. Im soon in war against pretty much everybody.
    8. I try to get nukes as fast as I can.
    9. I complete Manhattan project just to notice theres no uranium.. Anywhere in the map.
    10. I rage quit.

So heres what I want to add to map:

1) Add sources of Uranium
    2) Change City states names to the countries they represent [Vienna - Austriahungary]
    3) Add Helsinki City state which belongs to Russia. Also add Baltic countries capitals. And I want to make it the way that Russia has captured them(before the game starts) and if someone else captures these cities from Russia the player who captured them can liberate the cities! (So that way Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania gains independece the way they did in 1914-1918') Also add More countries that way whom gained independence post-WW1
    4) Put more cities to Sweden(Stockholm), Norway(Oslo), Denmark(Copenhagen) and others.

This mod scenario/mod has A lot of potential. If these changes are made it would be near perfect! :goodjob:

Edit: I have had more thought for this and I think this scenario deserves a mod.. I'll update this post soon.

20. makke

makke Warlord

Civilization V WW1&ww2 in Europe Mod

I noticed there are no WW1 and WW2 mods out there for Civ5. So heres my idea
    how one could be made. I've given some thought for this, but I cant code or mod.
    Someone interested on picking up my idea?

Includes:

-Reworked Scenario of: 1900 AD - XX Century in Europe ( WW1-WW2 ) (MaxRiga)
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=390587

My first ideas for changes in the scenario:

1) Add sources of Uranium and balance recourses the way they were in real life
    2) Change City states names to the countries they represent [Switzerland for example]
    3) Add more cities to Sweden(Stockholm), Norway(Oslo), Denmark(Copenhagen) and others."

-New units: (Not too much, just like 5 unique units more/civ)
    some: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=400341
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=400244
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=397853
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=397873
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=397164

ALSO: Asioasioasio + snafusmith made some really beautiful stuff for Civ4
    which could be converted to civ 5

-New Civilizations: Poland, Austria Hungary, Baltic-countries, Finland, Sweden,
    Norway, Denmark, Spain, Italy.. ect.
    (Some smallest countries may stay as city states)

In the scenario: I want to make it the way that for example: Russia has captured Poland, Finland and Baltic countries(before the game starts) and if someone else captures any of these cities(countries) from Russia the player who captured them can resurrect the civilizations! (Baltic liberation, Poland's liberation, and Finlands independence)

-Leaderheads: changed as Asioasioasios beautiful leaderpictures from
    Civilization IV's WW 1939 mod + new one's made hopefully for Austriahungary for example.
    [Check Asioasioasio's WW1939 thread in Civ4 forums]

-Balanced new Wonders: Volkshalle, Scotland yard..
    Some wonders deleted and some new ones added like this:
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=189838

-Mod components: Any modcomponetnts which may help making this mod better.
    Time mod:
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=275128&d=1292006832

-Reworked techtree: (?)

-Some new techs: to add the possibility to build new units (added by this mod)

THIS MIGHT SEEM LIKE A BIG MOD, BUT IN THE END ITS HALFWAY DONE ALLREADY(THX TO CIV4MODELS AND MAXRIGAS SCENARIO). MORE IDEAS, AND MODDERS INTERESTED WELCOME!