1933 Scenario

vidimce

Warlord
I played it with the 3rd Reich and the best thing would be to increase production cost of tanks. I had no need to produce infantry since for the same time (turns) I could build a panzer which is much more powerful.
As i said this i the Scenario thread, a suggested speed would be 2-3 turns for infantry and 4-7 turns for armored units. A panzer II could be 4 turns while a Tiger 7 turns. This would make the infantry much more used since it takes considerable less time to build, and having tanks would be like a show of industial and militart power. Otherwise I was playing the game with heaps of tanks and no infantry since there was no need for it.

I played it with the 3rd Reich and the best thing would be to increase production cost of tanks. I had no need to produce infantry since for the same time (turns) I could build a panzer which is much more powerful.
As i said this i the Scenario thread, a suggested speed would be 2-3 turns for infantry and 4-7 turns for armored units. A panzer II could be 4 turns while a Tiger 7 turns. This would make the infantry much more used since it takes considerable less time to build, and having tanks would be like a show of industial and militart power. Otherwise I was playing the game with heaps of tanks and no infantry since there was no need for it.

The new 1.1 patch covers this very well - the tanks cost more to make, more to keep and infantry costs less. Look for new scenario versions 10.7p and 7.7p when patch comes out! Thanks for your input.:)

The WW2 Team is working hard at updating and fixing many things, especially for the 1933 scenario. Adding new civs and much more.

Hi it's me again:D ! I thought of some new ideas for the 1933 scenario:

- are you planning on adding new leader faces instead of just using the old ones (the modified Julius Caesar as Ignacy Mozsicki also applies to King Saud, Ghazi,...)? It would be way cool!

- it seems the tanks and airplanes are of 6 different kind (american, british, french, italian, german and russian) - I strongly suggest adding a seventh tank/airplane type - japanese. It feels kinda strange for japan to build italian type units (FIAT etc.)

Hi it's me again:D ! I thought of some new ideas for the 1933 scenario:

- are you planning on adding new leader faces instead of just using the old ones (the modified Julius Caesar as Ignacy Mozsicki also applies to King Saud, Ghazi,...)? It would be way cool!

- it seems the tanks and airplanes are of 6 different kind (american, british, french, italian, german and russian) - I strongly suggest adding a seventh tank/airplane type - japanese. It feels kinda strange for japan to build italian type units (FIAT etc.)

We have great new tanks, planes, etc for the pacific portion of the 1933 scenario. Unfortunately, many items overall in the mod are still being tweaked, fixed, added, etc., and my scenario update will have to wait until the alpha/beta version is available for me to work with around the middle of August for the September re-release. Thanks for your query, and I hope to let you know more in August. :mischief:

someone teach me how to mod!!!
You guys are busy doing your own stuff I know, but I want to mod so badly. I pinpointed, th esction to imporve ranged artillery on, but im too scared to type anything on the C++ coding.

- are you planning on adding new leader faces instead of just using the old ones

I think that there wouldn't be any leaderhead in version- just static images of desk with some symbols and a flag.

Exactly - We won't use Animated 3D Leaderheads anymore, kodzi and me made graphics that will work for LH

I've put the screenshot in this post:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=5437409&postcount=468

This solves problem of lack of leaderhead models - except firehazaurd work i didn't saw any custom maded leader (i mean not clones of napoleon, roosevelt, etc) for civ4.

For now they are maded in this static style:
Churchill
Hitler
Stalin
Roosevelt
Moscicki
Lebrun
Chang Kei-Shek
Mao Zedong
Franco
Avenol
Mussolini
Hirochito

There's 15-20 more to made - it's monotonny to make them in great number, but it isn't big problem - couple of leaders (making one leaderhead takes 1,5 h - including time for searching for photos) a week and we will be done for next update.

- it seems the tanks and airplanes are of 6 different kind (american, british, french, italian, german and russian) - I strongly suggest adding a seventh tank/airplane type - japanese.

Yes japanese style will appear :)

Spoiler :

Also are maded atm by Nautil - Zero, by Snafusmith HaGo Tank and i almost finished Val Bomber. Of course more units would appear + some new unique units for existing types

someone teach me how to mod!!!
You guys are busy doing your own stuff I know, but I want to mod so badly. I pinpointed, th esction to imporve ranged artillery on, but im too scared to type anything on the C++ coding.

I'll post SDK for v 1.15 today in the other thread in this forum.
I can't help you much with that - my C++ knowledge is equal zero :)

EDIT

SDK v 1.15 is here :)
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=5169508&postcount=1

yup
slitghly jmodifies to fit new mod

brilliant!

one suggestion if i may: Most of Africa seems empty, perhaps france and the uk should possess more colonies there?

I would love to have 1933 scenario with not whole world just same much world as in 1939 scenario. And with Adolf Hitler^^ it would be nice to prepare on war and stuff. If it could be made that you cant declare was before 1939 would be cool : P

I would love to have 1933 scenario with not whole world just same much world as in 1939 scenario. And with Adolf Hitler^^ it would be nice to prepare on war and stuff. If it could be made that you cant declare was before 1939 would be cool : P
I will take that under advisement - I just might do that... ;)

Ok first of all I would like to say hi. First post with this account. I've been here before for ages playing CIV 3 but now I have a comp that can handle CIV4 no matter how big the map is I returned. I forgot my last account so thats why you see my first post now.

First of all I don't know what is due to the senario or what is due to the mod so forgive me if some comments are misplaced here. I love all the detail in the units. They look great and the realism is frightning.

Now for comments I hate making but I think need to be made. While the senario starts of nicely (I played in prince mode) it was a bit to easy so I'll try some more difficult stance. I rulled all of europe to the oeral by 1960 playing as germany. My comments regarding game play:

1. map is too small for correct play (missing countries like Holland, Austria etc). There are just alot of action durring WW2 you miss due to too small a map (with all the detail in the units that deserves a far bigger map).
2. Incorrect placement of cities. Alot of the cities are misplaced 1 or more tiles. This irritated me the most. Things like Hamburg lying in Holland, lisabon on north coast (of spain) while it should be more south, st petersburg isn't a seperate city. You should either have Leningrad or st petersburg (they are the same). And there is alot more (Stalingrad should always be in the senario and not as Novogrod).
3. Tecnologie is nice but abit to dominate. Also Germany should not be able to research things like radar (they didn't have it) and I suppose the allies shouldn't be able to get rockets and jets.
4. Finaly during war income was low to very low. I played in prince mod and found it too easy to keep 100% science while this should be far lower. War is debilitating for the economie not like wars now a days WW2 was a very hard time for everyone. (low hapiness in conquered countries etc).

Ok after these comments it wouldn't be fair not to offer some help. So if you ever plan on making a far bigger map, I would be glad to help with the placement of cities and giving you some indication on how the timeline etc regarding relations was. Again sorry but with these fine units ingame I hoped to see a better gameplay.

PS I would have loved to see germany in black just to play it like I think it should be but I don't know if it is possible.

good luck and cheers

Top Bottom