[1941 Scenario] City Size and Diplomacy Restriction

sandy_tait

Chieftain
Great mod and a truly impressive level of detail, but I've found just a couple of things that bug me.

In the 1941 scenario, the city sizes are way too small. London, which is representing the whole of England, has a population of just 10, while Paris isn't even half of that. I only noticed this quite later on in a game when, having conquered/liberated most of Western Europe, I had an advisor pop-up congratulating me on reaching a population of 2 million...

There also seems to be a restriction on the number of tiles that can be worked (12), no matter how big the city is. The starting population is something I can edit more to my own liking using the world editor, but how do I remove the tile restriction? I'm guessing it's a setting in one of the XML files but if someone could point me in the right direction I'd be much obliged! :D

Also, I'm unable to engage in diplomacy with either the Third Reich or Japan (playing as Great Britain), even after they're no longer marked as "Refused to Talk!" Meaning the only option is total annihilation of both Civs. Again, is there a way to change this?

EDIT: The inability to talk to the Third Reich and the limit on tiles also applies to the 1939 scenario.

UK and Reich are set on permanent war option, this can be easily removed by right clicking on original scenario file, Opening with Wordpad and editing the corresponding lines.

Think about population as multiplied by 1,000. So 2 million is really 2 billion :D Civ populations figures are very arbitrary anyway...

UK and Reich are set on permanent war option, this can be easily removed by right clicking on original scenario file, Opening with Wordpad and editing the corresponding lines.

Ah! Fantastic, thank you. Don't suppose you'd be able to tell me the name and/or location of that file, would you? :)

Think about population as multiplied by 1,000. So 2 million is really 2 billion :D Civ populations figures are very arbitrary anyway...

Ye-eah... but most of the "cities" in this scenario are set to the size of villages. Makes production seriously slow. While I appreciate that this might be deliberate, in order to balance the slow turn rate of just 2 weeks/turn, I'd personally prefer higher build costs to smaller cities. But eh, personal preference I guess.

Location is BTS/Mods/Public maps/1941 scenario. Did you know you can double click that file to automatically load the mod and start the game?

Right now I am focused on European scenario. Global is best played on Giant maps, IMO.

Top Bottom