1961 Cold War - North Atlantic

MaxRiga

Emperor

This scenario for CIV5 without any mods and DLCs. This is huge map of North Atlantic with limited resources so to prevent AI from massive build up ( and huge lag ). This is fast turning and good balanced map for pleasant play even on slow computers.

Playable countries:
USSR
USA

Installation details -
1- download file and unzip ( 1961AD-North Atlantic.zip ) to (user)/my documents/my games/civ5/maps folder
2- launch you civ5 - go to mods ( accept )- single player - set up game - click on earth and find "1961AD-North Atlantic" map - check in "Load Scenario"
3- take any of Civilizations and "Start Scenario"

Special thanks to peyoan for the great map!

I advise to use special speed turn mod to play this scenario.

Download file:
Current version - 1

Map
Spoiler :

Attachments

• 1961AD-North Atlantic.zip
    19.6 KB · Views: 3,682
YES!!! I have been hoping someone makes a cold war scenario :D
The map seems a little off though, I know it's like looking at the top of a globe, but greenland and stuff aren't reshaped like North America and Eurasia

I'm looking at the map and kind of wondering where.. Um, the nuclear missiles are.. No action military action was ever taken by either side because of the threat of Mutually Assured Destruction by nuclear war. The Cold War was based on nuclear warfare! Time to edit it a bit

Hi guys, I've no idea why the mod isn't working, I'm following the instructions as they are. Any help? When I launch the mod, I don't get the scenario, what I get is Russia the USA and a bunch of city states...what am I doing wrong?

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I load this map with the scenario settings (King, Standard, everything) and I spawn in 1700 with no cities and the fog of war.. I don't get it.

Top Bottom