1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

19Delta's War Factory

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by 19Delta, Jan 29, 2007.

1. 19Delta

19Delta Cavalry Scout

OK, this is my first attempt at a unit. There is still things that I need to add,(Track tensioner, drive sprockets, track, etc), but I think that it's far enough along to post a preview. I decided to stick with blender for the modeling. Here is a picture of my progress.

Sheridan.jpg

There are some details that I wanted to add, but I don't have the time, patience, or skills to do so. I'm open to suggestions on how best to finish this project. Please let me know what you think.

2. Wyrmshadow

Wyrmshadow Chieftain

I can definately see the Sheridan but the turret to hull proportions don't look right.

3. Samez

Samez ION GUNNER

THe hull seems too wide for the turret (it'S about 2:1 broad and I would say a ratio of 3:2 would do much better)

4. 19Delta

19Delta Cavalry Scout

I realized that just after I posted, I just didn't have time to repost. Here it is again with a few changes.

Sheridan.jpg
    Sheridan Front.jpg

I enlarged the turret, put the hull on a diet and lengthened it a little. Look any better?

maybe I should make the gun a little bigger also.

5. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Civ3 Modding Archivist

First off - looks like a mighty fine work in progress :goodjob:

Second - even though you haven't said it's a Sheridan, I definitely agree with Wyrmshadow about the similarity to the M551. That being said, I might move the turret a bit forward, as below.

Best,

Oz

6. odintheking

odintheking Lighting the way...

Looks very good! But are there no tank treads?

7. Wyrmshadow

Wyrmshadow Chieftain

Because there are hundreds and are difficult to make. Speaking for myself, I could definately do something with this model right now.

8. 19Delta

19Delta Cavalry Scout

I'm glad that you guys noticed that this is a Sheridan. I neglected to mention the name on purpose because I wasn't sure if anyone would see the Sheridan like I did. I'm almost done with the suspension, and then I will post another picture. The track will be difficult to make, all I can say is thank god for the duplicate option. I have to say the hardest thing for me so far was the turret. I took me three weeks to do that one.

Wyrm- I want to finish the suspension and then I would be more than glad to let you have the model. As much as I would like to do it myself, I only have a few days left before I have to go to school. I will clear housing and send my wife and daughter home before then, and once that happens, I won't be able to do anything until sometime around June.

9. 19Delta

19Delta Cavalry Scout

Ok, finally got it finished. Here are the shots.

Sheridan.jpg
    Sheridanside.jpg
    Sheridanback.jpg
    Sheridanfront.jpg

tell me what you think.

10. LMR

LMR Back In Green!

I dont know anything about this tank, but it looks very good to me :)

11. 19Delta

19Delta Cavalry Scout

One thing I forgot to mention is that the track didn't go together as well as I had intended. One track shoe is smaller than all of the others.

12. El Justo

El Justo Chieftain

13. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Civ3 Modding Archivist

Looks excellent :goodjob: Are you going to include a paradrop anim?

Best,

Oz

14. BadKharma

BadKharma Chieftain

Considering that the Sherridan was used by the 82nd Airborne because it was air droppable I think a paradrop animation would be appropriate.

15. 19Delta

19Delta Cavalry Scout

Since I haven't got enough time to do animations, I was hoping Wyrmshadow would take over this project. The only things I would like to see is a paradrop animation, an alternate attack with the shelilagh missile, and the smoke grenade launchers firing in the victory animation. It is, of course, up to Wyrmshadow if he wants to do it.

Here is a shot of a Sheridan airdrop.
    C-130_airdrop.jpg

Don't know how hard this one would be since the C-130 flies close to ground and heavy drops it. Maybe a generic drop animation would be easier.

16. Wyrmshadow

Wyrmshadow Chieftain

Hey soldja boy. You make me model, me luv you long time.

Sent you a PM.

17. Simon Darkshade

Simon Darkshade Mysterious City of Gold

A most interesting development. Good work. Always liked these vehicles.

18. 19Delta

19Delta Cavalry Scout

Ok, I emailed the files to your e-mail Wyrmshadow. The first e-mail is the original model in blender format. The second e-mail has the entire model and then two more seperate files with the hull and turret seperately. All are true space format. The third e-mail is the suspension also in true space format. Hope you can do something with this. Thanks again for taking this project.

19. Wyrmshadow

Wyrmshadow Chieftain

Okay I had to completely toss away the suspension and the tracks and I spent about an hour seperating all the parts. For the future, combining everything into 1 object.....not a good idea. This is the M551 at the proper tank scale that I am using. Expect it to be done soon.

20. 19Delta

19Delta Cavalry Scout

Looks good. What do you mean when you say not to combine everything into one object? Do you mean to do each part (hull, turret, suspension) seperately and then combine them later? Or did I combine too many little parts together to make one major part, as is the case with the track and the suspension? Didn't think I would get to see it at this scale so quickly though. I can't say thank you enough.