1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

19Delta's War Factory

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by 19Delta, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Wyrmshadow

Wyrmshadow Chieftain

the 2nd part. The turret was one object, the hull was 1 object etc.. I had to throw away the suspension because when I seperated the segments (diff program) the suspension, wheels, tracks were still linked in random ways. Don't worry, I've got plenty of wheels and suspension systems in my parts bag. The low-polygon tracks I took from my M24 Chaffee.

2. bd41094

bd41094 Chieftain

3. 19Delta

19Delta Cavalry Scout

I think I understand. When I made the track I just made one track and then duplicated it a bunch of times. When I originally put it together it wasn't connected, it just looked that way. I went ahead and connected all of the track pads together so that I could select it all as one object and duplicate it for the other side. Kind of got in a hurry. I made the road wheels and the arms as one object. Next time I won't try to have everything connected together.

4. Wyrmshadow

Wyrmshadow Chieftain

I got some really bad news. For the past 3 days I've been trying to animate your tank but Bryce is not cooperating. It's just locking up evertyime I try to render a frame. I still have no idea why yet as it's not just 1 thing all the time.

5. 19Delta

19Delta Cavalry Scout

That's not good. I appreciate the effort though. Just let me know if you can get it to work. There's no hurry really. My orders are delayed for a while. Thanks again.

6. Wyrmshadow

Wyrmshadow Chieftain

I had to seriously dumb down the texture, Bryce was having seizures with it. So it won't be that nice shiny metallic stuff I've had in the past that worke just fine, I don't know. Maybe it just didnt like your model. Btw, I had to extensively change/add things onto it.

7. WilliamOfOrange

WilliamOfOrange Chieftain

Looks great guys. I am subscribing to this thread so I can see the final product. Keep up the good work. :goodjob:

8. Wyrmshadow

Wyrmshadow Chieftain

I decided to render all night instead of going out drinking. Since the victory is taking an hour each direction, expect it to be posted sometime tomorrow morning.

9. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Civ3 Modding Archivist

:eek: :worship: :goodjob: ,

;)

10. 19Delta

19Delta Cavalry Scout

It's perfect. So good that if there is any complaints I may consider going to the complainer's house to beat them with a bat. I don't know how I could ever thank you. The next time I build a model, I won't bunch everything together. Thanks again.

11. Wyrmshadow

Wyrmshadow Chieftain

12. 19Delta

19Delta Cavalry Scout

I said in another post that I was working on a K1 MBT. I just wanted to keep everyone updated on my progress. This is all I will be able to do for a while because I am going to a leadership course for the next two weeks starting tommorrow. There is a good chance that I'll have to live there for that time, if not then I should be done sooner.

K1 unfinished.jpg

I know it's not finished, but this is all I can do for now. I still need to add the side skirts, turret(obviously), idler wheel, drive sprockets, and various other things. Wyrmshadow gave me his model of a K1, but it didn't look right to me, I wanted to build my own and see which one looks better. I'm trying not to make the mistake of bunching everything together into one object again, so it's taking a little longer than the Sheridan. Does anyone think that it's starting to look like a K1?

13. Wyrmshadow

Wyrmshadow Chieftain

The Hyundai K1 looks like a mini-Abrams with a little bit of difference. Looks like you got the major parts down like the off-center driver's position.

14. 19Delta

19Delta Cavalry Scout

Yeah, I'm still working on it. Did you see the XK2? That's a nice looking tank if it does everything it's supposed to do. Might even better than the M1. Supposed to have a 132 mm main gun from the Germans. I think that is has the same hull as the K1, so all I have to do is make a different turret and throw on there.

15. Wyrmshadow

Wyrmshadow Chieftain

Yes I've seen pics of it on Militaryphotos.net. Look's scary.

16. 19Delta

19Delta Cavalry Scout

OK, I'm back from my course. I've been putting in some work to finish up on the hull and the suspension on the K1. I haven't made the turret yet I just wanted to post my progress for everyone. This is what I have so far.

K1back.jpg
    K1front.jpg
    K1hull.jpg
    K1sidejpg.jpg
    K1track.jpg

I have already made the changes to the track to make it wider, it's just not in this picture. Like I said above, I haven't made the turret yet. I think I will save that for tommorrow.

17. 19Delta

19Delta Cavalry Scout

Ok, it's been a long time since I posted anything, but I just got back from school. I've been working on my K1 model. It's still not done but I think that it's close enough that I can post a couple of previews. Let me know what you think.

K1 MBT.jpg
    K1 MBT suspension.jpg

18. Stormrage

Stormrage Ever Present Taskmaster

Nice stuff! Always good to have talented people around :)

19. 19Delta

19Delta Cavalry Scout

I'm glad you like it. As far as the talented part goes, not so much. All I know how to do at the moment is build a model. I don't know how to color, animate, or any of that other stuff. I am trying to learn though. My CO saw me working on it while I was at the office when we were just sitting around and now he calls me the rain man. If he only knew.

20. Stormrage

Stormrage Ever Present Taskmaster

If I say you`re talented, you`re talented. Never said you were skilled :p
    Practice and you`ll learn all that other stuff :)