[Vote] (2-11) Proposal: Higher maintenance for later buildings

Approval Vote for Proposal #11 (instructions below)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

balparmak

Prince
Voting Instructions
Players, please cast your votes in the poll above. Vote "Yea" if you'd be okay if this proposal was implemented. Vote "Nay" if you'd be okay if this proposal wasn't implemented.

You can vote for both options, which is equivalent to saying "I'm fine either way", but adds to the required quorum of 10 votes in favor.

All votes are public. If you wish, you can discuss your choice(s) in the thread below. You can change your vote as many times as you want until the poll closes.

VP Congress: Session 2, Proposal 11

Maintenance costs of post-industrial buildings should be higher considering the GPT increase in the later eras and the buildings' impact.
Proposal: Increase maintenance for
- Industrial buildings by 1 (to 7,8)
- Modern by 3 (to 11)
- Atomic by 5 (to 15)
- Information by 10 ( to 20)

I sponsor this.

Current VP maintenance table for referce:
Spoiler Table :

TypeMaintenanceEra
BUILDING_BARRACKS1ANCIENT
BUILDING_GRANARY1ANCIENT
BUILDING_HERBALIST1ANCIENT
BUILDING_STONE_WORKS1ANCIENT
BUILDING_WALLS1ANCIENT
BUILDING_WELL1ANCIENT
BUILDING_AMPHITHEATER1CLASSICAL
BUILDING_AQUEDUCT1CLASSICAL
BUILDING_BATH1CLASSICAL
BUILDING_COLOSSEUM1CLASSICAL
BUILDING_COURTHOUSE3CLASSICAL
BUILDING_FORGE1CLASSICAL
BUILDING_LIBRARY1CLASSICAL
BUILDING_LIGHTHOUSE1CLASSICAL
BUILDING_TEMPLE1CLASSICAL
BUILDING_WATERMILL1CLASSICAL
BUILDING_ARMORY2MEDIEVAL
BUILDING_CASTLE2MEDIEVAL
BUILDING_CHANCERY3MEDIEVAL
BUILDING_CIRCUS2MEDIEVAL
BUILDING_GARDEN3MEDIEVAL
BUILDING_HARBOR2MEDIEVAL
BUILDING_STABLE2MEDIEVAL
BUILDING_UNIVERSITY2MEDIEVAL
BUILDING_WORKSHOP2MEDIEVAL
BUILDING_CONSTABLE4RENAISSANCE
BUILDING_GROCER4RENAISSANCE
BUILDING_OBSERVATORY4RENAISSANCE
BUILDING_OPERA_HOUSE4RENAISSANCE
BUILDING_WINDMILL4RENAISSANCE
BUILDING_ARSENAL6INDUSTRIAL
BUILDING_FACTORY7INDUSTRIAL
BUILDING_HOTEL6INDUSTRIAL
BUILDING_MILITARY_ACADEMY6INDUSTRIAL
BUILDING_MUSEUM6INDUSTRIAL
BUILDING_PUBLIC_SCHOOL6INDUSTRIAL
BUILDING_SEAPORT7INDUSTRIAL
BUILDING_STOCKYARD7INDUSTRIAL
BUILDING_THEATRE6INDUSTRIAL
BUILDING_TRAINSTATION7INDUSTRIAL
BUILDING_BROADCAST_TOWER8MODERN
BUILDING_HOSPITAL8MODERN
BUILDING_LABORATORY8MODERN
BUILDING_MINEFIELD8MODERN
BUILDING_WIRE_SERVICE6MODERN
BUILDING_AIRPORT10ATOMIC
BUILDING_BOMB_SHELTER10ATOMIC
BUILDING_MEDICAL_LAB10ATOMIC
BUILDING_MILITARY_BASE10ATOMIC
BUILDING_POLICE_STATION10ATOMIC
BUILDING_STADIUM10ATOMIC
BUILDING_HYDRO_PLANT10INFORMATION
BUILDING_INTERPRETIVE_CENTER10INFORMATION
BUILDING_NUCLEAR_PLANT10INFORMATION
BUILDING_SOLAR_PLANT10INFORMATION
BUILDING_SPACESHIP_FACTORY10INFORMATION
BUILDING_TIDAL_PLANT10INFORMATION
BUILDING_WIND_PLANT10INFORMATION

Last edited by a moderator:
Not liking this one due to reason I explained in the discussion thread outside. It's better to increase the investment price, which would increase gold usage AND increase science gain from bank, both would have the combined effect of making production more useful/less inflated (less investment due to cost, and faster tech - more buildings to build)

While I agree that it's better to increase investment price, I think that science gain from bank should be decreased at least twice, because it's too much. When you have a lot of money science gain from purchases is very significant, I don't remember exact numbers, but in Industrial and later eras I think when I bought also units (diplomatic and military) it was 35-60% of my science output.

Gold inflation should be solved by reducing gold sources, not increasing gold sink. Nerfing international trade routes is the way to go.

I think both the gold investment and subsequoent maintenance should both be increased, substantially so in Atomic and Information eras.

AndreyK has a great idea with the reduction of science gain as well in my opinion.

I don't know the best solution but totally agree that money is out of control from about mid game on. Constant investment in buildings means I just build everything rather than having to think carefully about what I build and the game starts to feel a bit mindless in that respect.

One area that I strongly think should be fixed is how AI evaluate lux costs. I can sometimes get 100gpt from an AI. I get that they might really need it due to WLTKD or happiness but they probably could get it from me for like 10gpt.

I don't like increasing upfront cost and to a lesser degree maintenance probably due to me preferring lower levels and building large empires. with many not so good cities money can become short even late in game.
In essence it feels like a nerf to wide play and in general "unfun" as waiting for >10 turns on standard for building to complete...

Proposal sponsored by balparmak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom