[Vote] (2-12) Proposal: Change How the Number of Religions in a Game is Determined

Approval Vote for Proposal #12 (instructions below)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I sponsor this.

Proposal sponsored by Recursive.

Given that the overwhelming majority of votes is for the proposal, would it not be a good time for Pineappledan's New Beliefs for VP mod be assimilated into VP? It would make alot more sense instead of just allowing to have recurring foundations be chosen when 8 religions have been assigned.

It would also be far easier than looking into a beliefs overhaul/addition from scratch as Pineappledan has already laid the ground work via a modmod.

Also, how does this affect non-standard size maps? Do they have more or less religions now?
AFAIK the code would be grabbing the map size based upon the parameter of WHERE Type = 'WORLDSIZE_

Not actual grid size, which you could custom edit to suit in the mapscript file itself (Caveat is you have to redo the edit each update of VP/custom mapscript)
For example, I use:

[GameInfo.Worlds.WORLDSIZE_HUGE.ID] = {136, 94} -- Original size = {97, 66}
& for custommaps:
[GameInfo.Worlds.WORLDSIZE_HUGE.ID] = {153, 105} -- Original size = {109, 74}

So while the map size is larger by grid size, the id of the map size remains which the code would call upon via:

WHERE Type = 'WORLDSIZE_HUGE'

Unless Recursive would use another function to grab map size? Is it even possible to grab actual grid size?

Each of the new beliefs can be added individually. It's underhanded to try to ram them all through together as an omnibus.

If all my new proposal and belief rework proposals are passed, there will be enough beliefs for 10 religions, up from the current 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom