(2-NS) Make automatic faith purchases occur at the end of the turn

Status
Not open for further replies.

ma_kuh

King
Proposal:
Automatic faith purchases should occur at the end of the turn. (Current behavior is that these purchases occur at the beginning of the turn.)

Rationale:
Typically units purchased this way lose all movement anyway, meaning purchasing them at the beginning of the turn doesn't help anything. However, it is a drawback when you try to use the automatic counter to track when to make a manual purchase, typically of a missionary in a non-capital city. With the current system, you either cannot use this feature this way, or you have to mentally track when it's close, then turn off automated faith purchases to buy the unit in the city you want. This proposal is a QOL fix to improve the system.

Implementation details:
I don't know how this would affect Great Prophet spawns in the early game. The proposal is intended to leave these spawns as-is (i.e. spawning at the beginning of the turn). In situations where it matters, the intent is that the faith purchase happens after the Next Turn click. If this causes units with actions to spawn or other necessary player actions (promoting new military units, for example), there would be another pass at ending the turn.

If it's spawned at the end of turn you probably won't notice the automatic faith purchase pop up and have no idea where it happens when next turn comes.
A good idea but might be more complicate than it looks like to implement.

Hmm, I wanted to keep the proposal dead-simple, but adding a "Make Faith Purchase" button before "End Turn" would also be good...

Even if it was at the beginning of the turn, actually. It solves the problem too.

If it's spawned at the end of turn you probably won't notice the automatic faith purchase pop up and have no idea where it happens when next turn comes.
A good idea but might be more complicate than it looks like to implement.
If the notification appears at the end of the turn, then it's *more* likely you see it before it gets lost in the notifications that appear at the beginning of the turn.

If the notification appears at the end of the turn, then it's *more* likely you see it before it gets lost in the notifications that appear at the beginning of the turn.
It would only pop up really fast then got drowned within a bunch of other notification anyway. And the big problem is still you don't know where it happened.

It would only pop up really fast then got drowned within a bunch of other notification anyway. And the big problem is still you don't know where it happened.
How is this any different than it is now, where it shows up at the same time as all the other notifications and drowned out? Also, the unit enters the rotation of units that you must order, so I don't see at all what the problem is.

You always know where it happened, it does say which city makes the purchase (for buildings, e.g.) in the notification. The units rarely enter into the queue for the turn they're made already, since they have 0/X moves, unless you're making Zealotry/Spain Naval purchases which involve promoting the unit.

If the notification is moved to the end of the turn, you do lose out since it will be cleared before the next turn, right? If it's simpler, having the popup also trigger the next turn instead of adding a new button should work. I think accumulating yields from certain triggers already does something like this, where it gives you a recap of last turn.

Last edited:
Could have the notification still at the start of the turn that says something like ("You have enough faith to purchase a X"), and then at the end of the turn it just buys it

Proposal failed due to lack of sponsorship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom