[Vote] (2-14) Proposal: Remove religious resistance from religious buildings

Approval Vote for Proposal #14 (instructions below)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

pineappledan

Deity
Voting Instructions
Players, please cast your votes in the poll above. Vote "Yea" if you'd be okay if this proposal was implemented. Vote "Nay" if you'd be okay if this proposal wasn't implemented.

You can vote for both options, which is equivalent to saying "I'm fine either way", but adds to the required quorum of 10 votes in favor.

All votes are public. If you wish, you can discuss your choice(s) in the thread below. You can change your vote as many times as you want until the poll closes.

VP Congress: Session 2, Proposal 14

All religious buildings currently give -10% religious resistance. An inquisitor in a city gives -50% resistance, but only blocks active spread while buildings block both passive and active spread.

Religious buildings are sort of undercutting inquisitors. I think religious resistance could be a special ability of a few religious buildings instead of being something that all of them have:

Proposal:
Synagogue:
remove bonus to religious pressure
Increase Religious defense to -15%

All other religious buildings:
Remove Religious defense
No changes to religious pressure bonuses

Last edited by a moderator:
All religious buildings currently give -10% religious resistance. An inquisitor in a city gives -50% resistance, but only blocks active spread while buildings block both passive and active spread.

Religious buildings are sort of undercutting inquisitors. I think religious resistance could be a special ability of a few religious buildings instead of being something that all of them have:

Proposal:
Synagogue:
remove bonus to religious pressure
Increase Religious defense to -15%

All other religious buildings:
Remove Religious defense
No changes to religious pressure bonuses
I think you could just remove the religious pressure and defense from the synagogue and it would still be a pretty solid building. If I was trying to buff up a weak religious building with a defense benefit it would be something like the stupa.

I think this conflicts with the recent belief integration proposals, at least the new buildings. Not sure how you could note this in an alternative proposal/counter proposal voting list.

The new beliefs follow the same conventions as the existing buildings, ie. base 25% pressure and 10% resistance. In the case that this approval is made, I would remove 10% resistance from all the proposed new belief buildings. That includes the Mandir, which currently has a proposed 20% resistance being lowered to 10%

Proposal sponsored by pineappledan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom