1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

2/3 Move Deathtraps

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Strategy & Tips' started by BarbarianHunter, Aug 13, 2019 at 5:42 PM.

1. BarbarianHunter

BarbarianHunter Chieftain

I've played 2 games post cav nerf and had 2 serious issues with even damaging city walls when fighting even a "mundane" crossbowman plus city wall. I mean by the time my unit gets to the point where it can do any damage, the unit is 50% damaged and will be able to:

a) Stay and plink one shot @ the wall before being eliminated
    or
    b) retreat

Previously I was able to bring a ram and run a 4 move knight/cuirassier or courser/cav up and at least do some damage before to the wall before retreating. This allowed me to whittle away at the wall and carry on.

I'm essentially done with deity games because of this. I suppose every now and again I might get the urge to beat my head against a concrete wall or something, but I think it's a fairly mellow emperor level build game for me or nothing. I mean warmongering on deity, for me, is now a click fest grinder that I'm not interested in participating in.

Edit: In the first game I had to wait for musket corps on marathon speed (no big deal). In the 2nd game I had to wait for musket/domrey/field cannon corps on standard speed while the AI's all teched up (not recommended).

Maybe the devs thought it'd be a challenge? For me, it's just a major pain and not much fun. Any thoughts?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019 at 5:59 PM
  2. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

I replied in the other thread Here
    I really think people have not got to grips with misdirecting fire. A city will even target an xbow that cannot shoot at it.
    Now scouts become skirmishers they are just so hand in such situations. exactly what skirmishers were for too!
    Also, this sounds bad, but it is OK to lose a unit every now and then.

I do agree deity is a click fest grinder, found better things to do with my game than run on the deity hamsterwheel.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019 at 6:10 AM
    sethryclaus likes this.