[Vote] (2-45) Proposal: New Enhancer Belief: Animism

Approval Vote for Proposal #45 (instructions below)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

pineappledan

Deity
Voting Instructions
Players, please cast your votes in the poll above. Vote "Yea" if you'd be okay if this proposal was implemented. Vote "Nay" if you'd be okay if this proposal wasn't implemented.

You can vote for both options, which is equivalent to saying "I'm fine either way", but adds to the required quorum of 10 votes in favor.

All votes are public. If you wish, you can discuss your choice(s) in the thread below. You can change your vote as many times as you want until the poll closes.

VP Congress: Session 2, Proposal 45

Problems:
- We don't have enough beliefs for enough religions to support larger games
- There are no religious beliefs representing new world religions

Solution:
Add more beliefs

Proposal:
New Enhancer belief - Animism
Missionaries ignore terrain Movement costs.​
+1:c5food::c5culture: to unimproved Features, Lakes, and Natural Wonders​

Last edited by a moderator:
Technically Flood Plains and Fallout are features too.

Technically Flood Plains and Fallout are features too.
Yes they are, but I didn’t give the bonus to those. Flood plains doesn’t really act like a feature, and giving a bonus to fallout would be strange. I’m imagining some sort of animism strat where someone nukes themselves for :c5food::c5culture: boosted fallout:crazyeye:

Yes they are, but I didn’t give the bonus to those. Flood plains doesn’t really act like a feature, and giving a bonus to fallout would be strange.
Does flood plains count as a feature for open sky? It might be better to just list out the terrain then if your not using all the aspects of the word "feature" as its been defined in other beliefs. Frankly the open sky "feature" thing I still find confusing, so god help us if we are using "features" in two beliefs but its actually two different lists of terrain types.

Far less confusion in this case because the yields are actually visible on the tile. I am pretty sure that open sky does NOT give its bonus for flood plains worked.

Does flood plains count as a feature for open sky? It might be better to just list out the terrain then if your not using all the aspects of the word "feature" as its been defined in other beliefs. Frankly the open sky "feature" thing I still find confusing, so god help us if we are using features in two beliefs but its actually two different lists of terrain types.
Unless a map script have flood plains appearing on plains or grassland, it doesn't matter for Open Sky.

Unless a map script have flood plains appearing on plains or grassland, it doesn't matter for Open Sky.
well since custom map scripts exist, your saying it does matter:)

To me this is a simple technical nomeclature problem, you should say what you mean. If the word "features" has a technical definition in the code (aka this is what the code considers a "feature"), then when we use it in descriptions and tooltips, it should mean the EXACT same thing. That just prevents confusion when you make custom things and tweaks down the road.

Honestly I wouldn't mind if open sky spelled out its feature list instead of just using the word too...I can't tell you how many times I've had to look it up to remember, hell I'm still not sure I know the list correctly.

And before anyone pops a vein here, I am literally just asking for a tooltip change...I like the belief, I think its a neat concept....I'm just making it as clear as possible to the user, no more no less.

well since custom map scripts exist, your saying it does matter:)

To me this is a simple technical nomeclature problem, you should say what you mean. If the word "features" has a technical definition in the code (aka this is what the code considers a "feature"), then when we use it in descriptions and tooltips, it should mean the EXACT same thing. That just prevents confusion when you make custom things and tweaks down the road.
I've played a ton of map scripts and never seen anyone add floodplains to plains, but fair point. The most concise description of a feature I can make is: A natural thing added to a tile's description that isn't a hill or resource. But listing them is probably more clear.

My understanding of animism is that it would add to:
Floodplains, jungle, forest, marsh, atolls, and oasis, in addition to lakes and natural wonders (I think natural wonders technically would be already included in features, as they won't trigger Open Sky even if on plains/grassland).

Once listed out, this is super OP on jungle/forest and it stacks so heavily with the renewal pantheon. Skipping logging camps barely matters, for lumber camps its a real cost but worth that sweet culture.

Natural wonders are features, yes. But it confused a lot of players when the bonus applied to them and I just said "unimproved features". To most players who aren't skulking around internet forums, natural wonders are a different beast.

Never had a question about floodplains before though. And you'll notice the first person to ever even bring up floodplains and fallout as technically being features is literally the map script guy. :p

Proposal sponsored by pineappledan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom