(2-30) Proposal: Integrate more processes from Bare Necessities mod

N.Core

1st Class of Neoa
Bare Necessities mod link: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/bare-necessities.645157/

Add more flavor to city processes by integrate these three processes to VP:
1669384533666.png

As for balance context:
:c5faith: Prayer unlocks in Philosophy
:tourism: Propaganda unlocks in Radio
:c5goldenage: Prosperity unlocks in Globalization

Reasoning:
  • While VP already have :c5food: Food and :c5culture: Culture related processes for a long time, it would be nice to also have more processes for other types of yield. So you can have more options to spend the production from cities.

This shouldn't be a big deal since it only affects minor gameplay. But I still need your opinion about what do you think of this one?
I sponsor this.

Credit: @Enginseer

Last edited:
Ive been lobbying for the propaganda process to be unlocked by the order ideology for a long time. It would be a great way for the ideology to leverage all that :c5production: Production. It would also be something different for Order to do. Currently their Cultural Revolution tenet is just a 2.5x power version of Freedom’s creative expression

prayer might be okay, though I could see it being used for a similar policy unlock to spruce up fealty. I am a little scared of what that process could mean for Faith buying GPS late game. It could create some serious balance problems.

I don’t think prosperity is a good idea; I don’t think people should have fine-grain control on their GAP generation.

Last edited:
Ive been lobbying for the propaganda process to be unlocked by the order ideology for a long time. It would be a great way for the ideology to leverage all that :c5production: Production. It would also be something different for Order to do. Currently their Cultural Revolution tenet is just a 2.5x power version of Freedom’s creative expression

I think prayer could be okay, though I could see it being used for a similar policy unlock to spruce up fealty.

I don’t think prosperity is a good idea; I don’t think people should have fine-grain control on their GAP generation.
Well for your Propaganda, that's an entirely new mechanic which CP doesn't have. Definitely require new DLL addition which I can't help with that. You definitely need a new proposal for this.
As for Prosperity, it unlocks at super-late game anyway. So you already need to have a ton of :c5goldenage: GAP to get the next Golden Age, which this process can help with that.

As for Prosperity, it unlocks at super-late game anyway. So you already need to have a ton of :c5goldenage: GAP to get the next Golden Age, which this process can help with that.
Right... so why add it? GAPs are a fairly weak yield on their own, and most users have given feedback about the perpetual golden ages in the late game being kind of boring.
I imagine that this process will either go unused or exacerbate an existing complaint.

Right... so why add it? GAPs are a fairly weak yield on their own, and most users have given feedback about the perpetual golden ages in the late game being kind of boring.
I imagine that this process will either go unused or exacerbate an existing complaint.
Probably just because it's already in the modmod. If no one would use it then it wouldn't really matter if it's included or not.

Some GAP based civs may have use for that unless it's too weak. If it is then it should be buffed, so it's not useless.

Okay, but we can’t just integrate modmods without regard for the balance implications and without asking if anyone would actually use it.

Adding faith and tourism processes potentially upsets the victory condition balance. A pure tourism process in particular, without some serious gating or opportunity costs to get it, will definitely strengthen cultural victory, which is already too strong relative to the other victory types. This is why I suggested it as a tier 3 order policy; turning production into raw tourism is a tier 3 ideology amount of power. It's not the kind of ability everyone should have.

And if a component’s justification for being added in is that it’s never going to get used anyways, then it’s fat that should be trimmed. Seems like a good reason for it to stay a modmod

Last edited:
I also don't think it would make one lick of difference to the end game. When your great artist bombs deliver 15-20k GAP in one go....what is a few more GAP on top going to do....absolutely nothing is what.

NOTE: As for :c5faith: Prayer, make it converts :c5production: into :c5faith: only, not including the reducing :c5faith: Religious Unrest.
I will note that I already made it compatible with reducing Religious Unrest, so that wouldn't require new code. If that's your reason for not including it, you can remove that bit.

Okay, but we can’t just integrate modmods without regard for the balance implications and without asking if anyone would actually use it.

Adding faith and tourism processes potentially upsets the victory condition balance. A pure tourism process in particular, without some serious gating or opportunity costs to get it, will definitely strengthen cultural victory, which is already too strong relative to the other victory types. This is why I suggested it as a tier 3 order policy; turning production into raw tourism is a tier 3 ideology amount of power. It's not the kind of ability everyone should have.

And if a component’s justification for being added in is that it’s never going to get used anyways, then it’s fat that should be trimmed. Seems like a good reason for it to stay a modmod
Agreed. My thinking is that it's better to integrate a modmod that has good parts and irrelevant parts than to not integrate the good parts at all.

If integration of just good parts of the modmod is not a problem, then this is the way.

By that pooint any civ in the game who wants to focus GAs ought to have already gotten the tools they need for permanent GAs in the late game. This is unnecessary especially in the case of GA civs.

I just want to see how many people will vote on this, and I already said that I sponsored this
I'll check later to see which ones were sponsored earlier.

Proposal sponsored by N.Core.

Top Bottom