[Vote] (2-54) Proposal: Let city states give quests earlier

Approval Vote for Proposal #54 (instructions below)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

rkkn

Prince
Voting Instructions
Players, please cast your votes in the poll above. Vote "Yea" if you'd be okay if this proposal was implemented. Vote "Nay" if you'd be okay if this proposal wasn't implemented.

You can vote for both options, which is equivalent to saying "I'm fine either way", but adds to the required quorum of 10 votes in favor.

All votes are public. If you wish, you can discuss your choice(s) in the thread below. You can change your vote as many times as you want until the poll closes.

VP Congress: Session 2, Proposal 54

As is, with city states not giving quests until sometime after turn 30, influence with them doesn't matter until that point, so early in the game everyone is encouraged to tribute them for a bit of pocket change. Even players planning to become friends/allies with them. This is very strange.

Let city states give quests whenever.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes.

And by the way, the simplest quest 'build a road' for some reason is the rarest. You get any other quest much more often. Is it necessary to be an ally and give guarantees of protection?

Also, it would be desirable to give the quest 'build a Wonder' in advance if you need to open only 1-2 technologies and their price is not more than 20, conditionally, turns and 1 more policy is needed. So that you can somehow plan your technological development and gain influence and bonuses. Now you need to first open the technology and do something else, then with some probability in a few turns they will offer to build a Wonder. Or they won’t offer it, because someone has already started building it and the player just lost time.

This will even allow you to receive the Pyramids quest in the very early game.

Last edited:
Yes.

And by the way, the simplest quest 'build a road' for some reason is the rarest. You get any other quest much more often. Is it necessary to be an ally and give guarantees of protection?

Also, it would be desirable to give the quest 'build a Wonder' in advance if you need to open only 1-2 technologies and their price is not more than 20, conditionally, turns and 1 more policy is needed. So that you can somehow plan your technological development and gain influence and bonuses. Now you need to first open the technology and do something else, then with some probability in a few turns they will offer to build a Wonder. Or they won’t offer it, because someone has already started building it and the player just lost time.

This will even allow you to receive the Pyramids quest in the very early game.

You def don't need to guarantees of protection them but I do agree it is easily the rareist for some reason.

and the city-state must not be coastal

Now the reason why this quest practically does not come across is clear. Indeed, on the current map, in dozens of runs, I only received this quest from a city-state in the middle of the mainland, although there are 3 more CSs near my cities and one relatively close, but they are all coastal.

I sponsor this.

Proposal sponsored by Recursive.

Now the reason why this quest practically does not come across is clear. Indeed, on the current map, in dozens of runs, I only received this quest from a city-state in the middle of the mainland, although there are 3 more CSs near my cities and one relatively close, but they are all coastal.
If coastal cities could give this quest, you would immediately complete it as soon as you own coastal city with a lighthouse. Mechanically, the CS is asking for a city connection, not specifically a road.

Asking for specifically a road connection is very complicated.

There's a consideration for coastal military CS and spawning units; can coastal CS just not offer connection quests?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom