2.6 Discussion - Religion

Interesting. It it is nice to have the religions unique. My idea was not for them to be same in Rapture but never got them finished. I had them producing different commerces in mind. But never got the commerces finished we were adding 5 new commerces. But bla bla about Rapture.

Good work AAranda.

I have only one suggestion that I noticed to begin with in which there may not be a better suggestion yet. Machu Picchu really should not be part of Nagualism. The Maya and the Aztecs did share a somewhat common pantheon of gods, but not the Incas as well. They had a whole another pantheon.

Good work though. It must of took some time to put them all together,

Itis impossible to do the same in Rapture , you have to many religions and very similar between them ... i should not have ideas for every religion¡
About Machu Picchu , of course , you are completely right.The point is that i like to much this wonder , and i was thinking about include it as a normal wonder , but the religion function of the incas sacred city made me think it should be used as a religion wonder , and so i did .
But i'm still doubtfull about it , i know is missplaced included in nagualism but i would like to use it as religious. I'm at 51% sure ... anyone has any other point of view or think it is COMPLETELY MISSPLACED?
Should i move Machu Pichu to a normal wonder and use Chichen Itza to repace it as a religious one?

Oh with the religion symbols on the religion screen you need two .dds files. The first is your religion symbol whatever you name it like say "druidism.dds" then the second needs to be desaturated(greyed out) dds, but the second dds needs the same name with "_d" on the end like "druidism_d.dds".

Oh with the religion symbols on the religion screen you need two .dds files. The first is your religion symbol whatever you name it like say "druidism.dds" then the second needs to be desaturated(greyed out) dds, but the second dds needs the same name with "_d" on the end like "druidism_d.dds".

Yes correct, i did that as mentioned in this and i made the grey'ed out ones, its real easy with DXTBmp, i even made colored ones and they work also, but not really suggested,(cause colored usually means it has been picked already by a civ) and to minimize them also. 32X32

Yes correct, i did that as mentioned in this and i made the grey'ed out ones, its real easy with DXTBmp, i even made colored ones and they work also, but not really suggested,(cause colored usually means it has been picked already by a civ) and to minimize them also. 32X32

Once you have already made the grey icons , would you mind uploading or attaching them for me , please?
Thanks by the way for you two guys

Is there a Temple Mayor model to replace it? And use Machu Picchu for another.

What about another religion for the Incas? Hrochland made some buildings for it I do not know if they are being used yet.

If not enough art I understand. Just an idea. I don't know if it would just complicate things more.

Thanks for the ideas .Anyway , i had replaced Machu Picchu for Temple of the jaguar ( Tsentom's temple of Ah Cao ), as i have been using templomayor grafics for other building.
About the inca religion , it would be good and materials are always enough if imagination is there , but there is no more room in the RoM fonts.I know you have used a bigger fonts in Rapture , but it needs sdk changes of what i'm not capable, so , by now , those are all the religions i will add

Thanks for the ideas .Anyway , i had replaced Machu Picchu for Temple of the jaguar ( Tsentom's temple of Ah Cao ), as i have been using templomayor grafics for other building.
About the inca religion , it would be good and materials are always enough if imagination is there , but there is no more room in the RoM fonts.I know you have used a bigger fonts in Rapture , but it needs sdk changes of what i'm not capable, so , by now , those are all the religions i will add

johny smith: Isnt there a way you can get more here, without it getting too much more buggy?? ie, standard civ4 fonts, I know your busy in RL right now, but i still thought i'd ask.;)

I am already working on merging the WoC Lite with RevDCM so that is the solution I am planning. It is the easiest way.

This is not official.

But if you want to play around with adding more religions I did do this.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=12269

But again it is not official maybe there will be an official one in the short future. I do not know for sure. I just wanted to give it a shot. It has 184 spaces for religions, and 184 spots for corporations.

Later I may give it a shot to add Rapture's schisms and so that religions can share buildings. So you can still make unique stuff for a religion, but the denominations within the religion only have slight variations. Getting a little burnout at this point.

I am already working on merging the WoC Lite with RevDCM so that is the solution I am planning. It is the easiest way.

I already have this, but i was wondering about just a Standard game with normal fonts, how many can you fit in and how would you do it?:rolleyes:

Well I guess why bother:(.

Sure there is a way. What do you think? The WoC just created the SDK for fun?:lol:

Of course there is no other real solution. Glider is suppose to merge this as well in a update in the future. So it will be updated probably in a future. You know the same dll that RoM uses.:rolleyes:

Well I guess why bother:(.

Sure there is a way. What do you think? The WoC just created the SDK for fun?:lol:

Of course there is no other real solution. Glider is suppose to merge this as well in a update in the future. So it will be updated probably in a future. You know the same dll that RoM uses.:rolleyes:

I guess i said it wrong, sorry:blush: I was just wondering cause i just wanted to know withOUT any dll or SDK stuff etc in a normal/standard gamefont how many religions you can place there besides the normal corporations, and adding resources?? I hope this made more sense??:crazyeye:

25 religions and corporations added together. So for example 13 religions and 12 corporations. Right now that means 14 are filled from vanilla. So only 11 more could me made together.

I played with it before but other things will not work well if going past that. There are ways to fix it but you would need to lock the amount in a mod then because each time you add one it would change things again.

The idea in the WoC was to lock the amount in the font files so it would not need adjusted each time again. Which is a real pain to figure out.

And you must have the modular loading for the WoC stuff with the font files. It is how it achieves it anyway.

25 religions and corporations added together. So for example 13 religions and 12 corporations. Right now that means 14 are filled from vanilla. So only 11 more could me made together.

I played with it before but other things will not work well if going past that. There are ways to fix it but you would need to lock the amount in a mod then because each time you add one it would change things again.

The idea in the WoC was to lock the amount in the font files so it would not need adjusted each time again. Which is a real pain to figure out.

And you must have the modular loading for the WoC stuff with the font files. It is how it achieves it anyway.

OH ok, now that sounds better, i have 16 religions right now so i can only add one more, ok, thx for the info and sorry about taking over some of these questions.:mischief:

What about another religion for the Incas? Hrochland made some buildings for it I do not know if they are being used yet.

Here is the link.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=210558

If not enough art I understand. Just an idea. I don't know if it would just complicate things more.
Those graphics are included in RoM graphics but currently they aren't used for any building - Naghualism uses different building set.

If anyone wants to play around then with religion art I have in Rapture it can be used now as a module in the WoC Lite Test merge, but no schisms or anything in just art. This is just denominations. The earlier (aka pagan) stuff has some more SDK requirements.

I updated this.

https://worldofciv.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/wocrapture/Installer/Rapture Module.7z

You will need to update the "MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml" to load whatever the folders will be called.

Well here is maybe just a little insanity.:crazyeye:

If you want to see what with the new WoC Lite fonts 94 religions here you go.:crazyeye:

https://worldofciv.svn.sourceforge....Installer/Rapture with sounds and 94 icons.7z

The early religions are just symbols at this point, but just to show it can be done. Now about discussing about using some or not...

Well that is a very large discussion.:lol:

Sound optional. I claim no responsibility for hearing loss or seizures.

Top Bottom