1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

2.7.1(?) bug: ships taking the longer west trip to the new world for Panama-like colonies.

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Religion and Revolution' started by albucc, Sep 15, 2018.

1. albucc

albucc Chieftain

Hi, everyone.

I don't know if this is only a 2.7.1 thing, but I've found an issue with pathfinding when a ship travels from europe into the new world.

I have this "San Salvador" colony, that can get into europe either from east, or from the west. But from the west is a very long trip, against the very short east trip. Well, the pathfinding from europe is preferring the western route... that takes 4 turns and a much larger sea trip from the continent...

upload_2018-9-15_10-35-15.png upload_2018-9-15_10-37-39.png

BTW: Does anyone know where the pathfinding code is?
    UPDATE: found where the pathfinding code is: CvSelectionGroup::generatePath...

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
    sammy1339 likes this.
  2. Nightinggale

Nightinggale Chieftain Supporter

I remember something about the map caching distance to nearest Europe plot. This allows ships to pathfind by picking a plot with a lower number than the current one. The problem is that this system doesn't take into account that ships can cross land like in this case. I can't be more specific than this without actually opening the source code, but it should be a hint of which direction to look for such an issue.