2.81 No barbarians = No out of sync

Snub

Chieftain
Edit: Actually for most no barbarians is still out of sync. XD I don't know why it's working for us but not working for others.

:hmm: Don't know if this is of any help to anyone, perhaps it's more of use to the developers:

In RoM version 2.81 you can play multi-player against players and AI player
without going OOS if you turn off barbarians. In the previous version (2.80) attacking
another player, AI player or barbarian would cause an OOS.

In a previous post I made for 2.80 (http://forums.civfanatics.com
/showthread.php?t=342471
) you could play by overwriting the core
dll with a previous version. Now you can just check "No barbarians" in the options
before you host a game.

It's a bit lame at first, (one scout can venture forth pretty much forever and settlers
can expand fast so damn easily) but it's a way to play against your friends while still
using the latest core dll. Actual resources! YAY :lol: :crazyeye: etc etc

Happy newyear :p

Get the latest version of RoM here http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=243164

In 2.8 it OOS'd when you attacked barbs or any other player (or at least for us it did)..

You're saying you can attack the AI/other humans and it won't OOS?

In 2.8 it OOS'd when you attacked barbs or any other player (or at least for us it did)..

You're saying you can attack the AI/other humans and it won't OOS?

Yes,

I'm saying: For us, in 2.81 it doesn't OOS when attacking other AI or humans if you put barbs off in the options before hosting a game.

I disable it as barbaric, and so I continue to OOS in the attack on AI, I will add that I have rom version 2.81 + A New Dawn installed.

I disable it as barbaric, and so I continue to OOS in the attack on AI, I will add that I have rom version 2.81 + A New Dawn installed.

Mm, you didn't activate revolutions right? And- Are you really sure you are using 2.81? Did you overwrite all the files from the patch correctly?

I have a clean install of civilization and RoM 2.81.

Only thing I can think off that I have done different from a clean install is using unloaded modules (Civilization IV\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind\Assets\Unloaded Modules). I've used static leader heads and no building graphs. Though I doubt that matters for the oos problem.

And: I'm not using A New Dawn. Though I dont think that's the problem either- but I'll install to check it out. I'll post about it soonish.

:crazyeye:

I mentioned just no barbarians, even on plain sparawdze RoM without any additives. A New Dawn v 1.351 installed on RoM 2.81 eliminates OOS is not only suited to this version of RoM, so mod it is not as it should.

And: I'm not using A New Dawn. Though I dont think that's the problem either- but I'll install to check it out. I'll post about it soonish.

So here's my test for OOS in multiplayer while using A New Dawn.

Download here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=12838

---

First I installed A new dawn version 1.53 (with everything checked) I tested a multiplayer game WITHOUT patching to 1.54. This is what happened:

When attacking another human player the game worked fine. However when attacking an AI player the game OOS.

---

Then I installed the 1.54 patch for A new dawn.

When attacking an AI player the game OOSed. I didn't try human player vs human player.

--

Then I reinstalled a clean version of RoM 2.81. Again it causes no OOS's in our LAN if you check "no barbarians" in the options.

My conclusion:

A new dawn is not compatible with the work around posted above. Playing with a new dawn (either version 1.53 or 1.54) causes OOS's in RoM 2.81 for the players in our LAN.

I mentioned just no barbarians, even on plain sparawdze RoM without any additives. A New Dawn v 1.351 installed on RoM 2.81 eliminates OOS is not only suited to this version of RoM, so mod it is not as it should.

..I think my english is not good enough to understand this :p

Look at my post above this one, maybe that will help.

So, I checked on a clean ROM 2.81 without installing a new dawn, turned off the barbarians, and so forth jumps OOS, and you play games on lan or direct IP connection? Injury with the addition of a new dawn crashes OOS, I do not clean RoM az is as good as with the addition of mods

So, I checked on a clean ROM 2.81 without installing a new dawn, turned off the barbarians, and so forth jumps OOS, and you play games on lan or direct IP connection? Injury with the addition of a new dawn crashes OOS, I do not clean RoM az is as good as with the addition of mods

Yes we play on a LAN. We don't have to use direct IP, it just shows up in the join game screen.

I'm sorry it's not working for you, maybe anyone has an idea why it is working for some and not for others?

..I think my english is not good enough to understand this :p

Look at my post above this one, maybe that will help.

the point is that A New Dawn v 1.351 no OOS in multipalyer, but it is not 100% compatible with RoM 2.8 and 2.81.

Yes we play on a LAN. We don't have to use direct IP, it just shows up in the join game screen.

I'm sorry it's not working for you, maybe anyone has an idea why it is working for some and not for others?

Now I tested on lan games and also jumped OOS, in multiplayer, so I do not know why for me it does not work

Out of sync with all settings you mentioned.

LAN game, no barbs, no rev mod etc. OOS on attack of AI scout.

Top Bottom