2 civs finish wonder same turn... who wins?

CapnKill

Warlord
Playing a multiplayer game w/ the simultanious turn thingy on ... so I was thinking that if me and another guy both use a leader to rush the same wonder, how does the game decide who gets to build it?

The one with the biggest shoe size. If tied, the one with the fastest CPU. j/k.

Dunno. Interesting question. If you compete with AIs only you get it. Maybe by player turn?

The whole thing is based on turn order.

I believe (but am not sure) that turn order is the same order you see in the space race screen.

Basically each AI is given a turn much as the human is. Even the barbs go on their own turn.

This is what leads to some interesting wonder cascades and is why you will sometimes see 3 or 4 wonders built by the AI on the same turn. All were building pyramids, first one gets it, next ai cascades to oracle, next to colossus, 4th gets left out in the cold.

jeffelammar said:
The whole thing is based on turn order.

I believe (but am not sure) that turn order is the same order you see in the space race screen.

Basically each AI is given a turn much as the human is. Even the barbs go on their own turn.

This is what leads to some interesting wonder cascades and is why you will sometimes see 3 or 4 wonders built by the AI on the same turn. All were building pyramids, first one gets it, next ai cascades to oracle, next to colossus, 4th gets left out in the cold.

So, do you think that order applies to human vs human when making simultanious moves?

Maybe the game actually records at exactly what time the wonder got all the shields necessery, even if both humans did it the same turn, one did it earlier in the turn.... just guessing.

CapnKill said:
So, do you think that order applies to human vs human when making simultanious moves?

Maybe the game actually records at exactly what time the wonder got all the shields necessery, even if both humans did it the same turn, one did it earlier in the turn.... just guessing.
I don't know for sure as I don't play multiplayer, but I would expect there is a turn order there too. Have to ask a multiplayer expert to confirm this though.

Sorry for the confusion, I somehow failed to correctly read the question in the first place. I'll just shut up now.

I always assumed it was turn order. The human is always first in the turn ourder, that's why the human always wins in such cases.

CapnKill said:

You cannot have something done 'earlier in the turn.' Simultaneous moves is still turn-based, with production being calculated at the beginning of each turn, before anyone begins moving their units.

Top Bottom