2 Great Leader Questions

jlfarrell

Chieftain
1 - I am playing a multi-player game with my son on-line. I am playing Babylon as a Monarcy and I have a great leader (Hammurabi), when I moved the Leader to a city where I was building a Great Wonder, and right-clicked on the leader and select rush production, it doesn't do anything. Could it be because I don't have enough money in the treasury to pay for the Wonder?

2 - Also, along the same line, how can I use my Leader (Hammurabi) to build an Army? The Civilopedia says to first build a "Army" unit, the move up to three other units on to it. I never see the option to build an "Army" unit. What am I doing wrong?

In C3C, military leaders can't rush great wonders. You'll have to use a scientific leader, which you have a 3% (depends on your civ a lil bit) of getting each time you are the first to discover a new tech.
To build an army, simply take your military leader in a city of your own and press b. This will create the army, then you just have to take some units, bring them in the city and press L, which will load them in the army (max 3 units in an army before you build the Pentagon).

Hmmmn, I have "Leader" in the city but when I press "b" it still doesn't build an Army. The Leader (Hammurabi) shows up on the Military Advisor tab, BUT, I just discovered that when I activate him, the button to "Increase Science Output" is now available. Therefore, this must be a Scientific Leader and NOT a Military Leader. That would explain why I can build an Army.

DO NOT SPEED UP RESEARCH!
This feature doesn't work.

Ok, if that Hammurabi has the bulb icon, it must be a SGLs.
So, why can't you rush a wonder?
That city can choose the wonder? Or, is it already building the wonder for some turns?
In the first case, I have no clue (but I cannot imagine this is the case ;) ).
If the later, two possible explanations:
1) Most likely: You chopped a forest while already building the wonder (or disbanded a unit). In that case, those shields are wasted; but, it does count as a 'polluted' build, so no rushing possible.
2) The Wonder has been built already in the interturn.
I'm not really sure about 2), though; think I faced that situation only once ever, and I don't know in which version anymore.

If Hammu turns out to be a MGL, btw, remember you need 4 cities/Army.

Dear JLFARRELL,

The simple thing you have to do when you want the Great Leader to build an army is:
- When you "wake" the Leader you have an option "Build Army". The icon you use lookes like 4 or 5 stones in a "row", like this: IIII
- When you have done this, you can add maximum 4 units. Then you use the icon "Load" when you have the unit you want to add.

The Scientific Leader is already explained.....

Good luck! If it doesn't work you can give me a reply and I will check it out for you!

Greetings, Roland
(aka Dutch Leader1)

Top Bottom