2 Great Scientists in 1 Turn Not Possible

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by TW_Honorius, Oct 14, 2011.

1. TW_Honorius

TW_Honorius Warlord

Last night I was playing and tried to get 2 great scientists in 2 cities on the same turn. I calculated correctly, but only got 1. Now I know its possible to get more than 2 GP in the same turn, same or different cities, but has this always been the case? :confused:

2. MisterBoomBoom

MisterBoomBoom King

Weird. I was able to build an Engineer and a Scientist in my capital just last night. Timed the GP points exactly to hit the same turn...wala! Did it. I did not expect it but it is able to be done evidently.

3. TW_Honorius

TW_Honorius Warlord

i understand you can build 2 different types of GP in 1 or 2 cities on the same turn, but just not 2 of the same type of GP in 1 turn in 2 cities.

4. jmick175

jmick175 Chieftain

The fact that you can get 2 GP in the same turn seems like an exploit to me. Doesn't the amount required for a GP go up for every one that you obtain? Or is it different from cIV in that respect?

5. vexing

vexing knows

it only works in the same city (with different gp obviously).
    the counter is incremented between cities otherwise.

6. Mallow

Mallow Warlord

For every GP you get, the amount required will go up. Meaning .. if you get two GP at the same time, your requirement for the next one will go up two levels.

7. muhtesem insan

muhtesem insan Amateur Revolutionary

My guess is, game calculates GP points after each city. When you get your GS from first city, GPP needed recalculated and when you got to your second city, it needed more GP points.

8. TImithius

TImithius Chieftain

My last game I got one of every great person in my capital city in one turn, it was weird but good for my advantage

9. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

You could also get two of the same GPs using the POlicy and Hagia Sophia.