1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

2 new districts

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by J.arnold642, Jan 8, 2019.

1. bite

bite Unoffical Civilization Geographer Moderator

This is the most likely scenario

tedhebert likes this.
  2. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

I don‘t think so. It would need a few new buildings.

Our_DeCay likes this.
  3. AriochIV

AriochIV Analyst

The encampment already has a "water twin"; it's called a Harbor.

The new non-unique district pretty much has to be some kind of single structure, similar to the Dam and Canal. A full new regular district would require 3 new non-unique buildings, but out of the announced total of 5 non-unique buildings, we already know about the Flood Barrier (for the City Center), Hydroelectric generator (for the Dam), and the 3 Power Plant variants (for the Industrial Zone). At most there is 1 non-unique building unaccounted for.

My guess is that it's some future-era thing.

4. Deggial

Deggial Chieftain

Exactly my thought. And for no apparent reason whatsoever, the term "Arcology" comes to my mind all the time.

By the way, I've read that the 'sea-stead' will be an improvement rather than a district?
    What did I miss? When was this officialy confirmed?

SammyKhalifa likes this.
  5. UWHabs

UWHabs Warlord

It was in one of those popup window helpers on a livestream, I think. Basically in the "other ways to get more housing", it was listed with other improvements.

Deggial likes this.
  6. AvianBritish

AvianBritish Chieftain

There was a tool tip which implied the Seastead was a tile improvement.

Deggial likes this.
  7. Pietato

Pietato Warlord

The final district is the Forgotten Civilisation district. You will be able to light a candle, burn incense, etc to Babylon.

Meluhhan likes this.
  8. AriochIV

AriochIV Analyst

Specifically:

CPWimmer and Deggial like this.
  9. tedhebert

tedhebert Chieftain

Funny I always considered the Harbor to be the commercial district's water twin, not the encampment

10. darkace77450

darkace77450 Chieftain

It's three things in one:
    1. It's a maritime commercial hub, providing additional gold and trade routes for coastal cities.
    2. It's a naval encampment, granting bonuses towards military naval military units.
    3. It's a food- and production-boon to coastal cities, offsetting otherwise lackluster coastal tiles.

11. Deggial

Deggial Chieftain

Thanks for the clarification, guys! :)

Interestingly enough, neighborhoods are not mentioned in this tool tip. Does it scroll?
    Honestly, I've never really payed attention to this notification, as I know what to do in order to increase my housing.

By the way ... regarding my 'Arcology' thought:
    I feel that the future era clould benefit from some additional and significant map changes. What do we have right now?
    New city graphics, seasteads and offshore wind farms plus "gun deploymen riggs" roaming the landscape?
    Especially the later indicates one thing: the future era is there to wrap the game up. "OP" doesn't matter any more!

So, why not introduce a final district?
    Buildable only on flat land, providing 2 culture, 2 science, 4 production, 4 food, 4 housing and 4 local amenities (in order to make population growth amenity-neutral)? Or something in this line. Or even better? Let's go crazy, it's all fine! :D
    And all this combined in a really futuristic looking tower/pyramid (more futuristic than the new city buildings, which honestly were a little bit underwhelming in this regard for me personally. But that's just my taste and not a complaint.)

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  12. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Warlord

Are we assuming that "seastead" is the same thing as the leaked "sea science" graphic?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  13. Trav'ling Canuck

Trav'ling Canuck Warlord Supporter

Maybe the developer who wrote this tool tip has played the game enough they couldn't, in good conscious, suggest Neighbourhoods to new players.

Pietato likes this.
  14. BrotherInJah

BrotherInJah 60% of the time works every time

Ok, i guess it will be hatd to split these functions into two.. so if not water encampment then maybe railroad hub..? You will need some kind of station for sure, so option is it will be city center building or standalone district. Did we had raildords explainede in livestreams already?

15. Alexadamz

Alexadamz Chieftain

Could the Cothon be an unique replacement for the City Center district? For now, we know that each district has an unique counterpart, but just one for each - the last addition was the lacking UD for CH. Now we lack only unique districts for City Center, Government Plaza, Aerodrome, Spaceport and the new Dam district - and maybe the new one we don't know yet what kind of district is. Thinking about that, the Cothon could be either an unique for the new one, if it is indeed the naval counterpart of the Encampment, making the Harbor the counterpart in water for the CH; or the Cothon could be an unique replacement for the City Center, as the Cothon was an inner harbor. Maybe that could go on with the devs choices for this expansion, with the high drawbacks and advantages we have seen for some civs, making unique playstyles. They could even make that the Cothon is a unique replacement for the City Center that is only buildable on land tiles right next to coast, blocking settlers from settling on inland tiles. Phoenicia was a naval coastal "empire" anyway.

This way the game would not cross out the one unique district per district type rule we have seen until now, and we could have one crazy drawback civ with unique playstyle.

Josephias and BrotherInJah like this.
  16. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Warlord

Railroads are just an upgraded form of roads that require some iron and coal and be built by miltary engineers. If there was a road on the tile it will be replaced by a railroad graphic. As far as we know its just faster roads for movement and trade with no other buildings or districts associated with it.

17. Trav'ling Canuck

Trav'ling Canuck Warlord Supporter

The only other thing we know is that railroad tiles also give the same boost to the gold yield from trade routes that passing over sea tiles does.

18. ChocolateShake

ChocolateShake Chieftain

I'd like to see Phoenicia restricted to coasts, but I wonder if they'll go that far. Would certainly be interesting to see!

Very curious to see where they go with them now that Mali has gone so heavily towards trade. I do think they'll be a civ that has a unique design.

Trav'ling Canuck likes this.
  19. AriochIV

AriochIV Analyst

If you mean this, yes.

SammyKhalifa likes this.
  20. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Warlord

That still looks like more than a worker improvement to me but what do I know

acluewithout likes this.