2 new districts

That still looks like more than a worker improvement to me but what do I know

the geothermal plant also looks like more than a worker improvement but I'm pretty sure that's all it is too.

The art team's making everything look so nice, the whole map will soon look like it's filled with wonders.

Well, straight out of the gate, I always thought it odd in Civ V that it was the job of constabulary and police to catch spies. Even weirder here, because we're saying there's a district in a city with nothing in it but police, which is a further disconnect that feels like an artificial game construct. But let's go ahead and assume that is all resolved through renaming and reskinning to get something more thematic. Now, what are these building contributing to the game that warrant their own district, rather than just being packed into the city center or government plaza?
I think if they were going to add a Police Station to the game, it should be a building you can make in Neighborhoods. It could help decrease the chance of spies to create partisans in that city. Which, in turn, would give us a reason to use Neighborhood Districts again.

A "build land" district would be nice if you're overrun by rising sea levels. I didn't check around for any discussion about what can be done to submerged land.

I think if they were going to add a Police Station to the game, it should be a building you can make in Neighborhoods. It could help decrease the chance of spies to create partisans in that city. Which, in turn, would give us a reason to use Neighborhood Districts again.

Yeah, that might be an interesting building. If you had it act like a counter-spy for the neighbourhood and all adjacent districts, that would actually bring up some new strategies.

If the missing district was related to World Congress we would have seen it in the Mali livestream I believe. I'm picking a water-based SV alternative to the Space Port for the unknown district; a second way to get a SV.

I have a feeling it's going to be a "carbon cleanup" district, as they mentioned "developing technologies to recapture carbon emissions" on the website

Would make sense too as a future-era district, as we haven't seen anything from that era yet

The final district is the "Historical Guilt" district which has giant statues of the leaders of every civilisation you've knocked out of the game.

The final district is the "Historical Guilt" district which has giant statues of the leaders of every civilisation you've knocked out of the game.

I know this is a joke, but I want it.

I have a feeling it's going to be a "carbon cleanup" district, as they mentioned "developing technologies to recapture carbon emissions" on the website

Would make sense too as a future-era district, as we haven't seen anything from that era yet

I think you've got it. After reading your post, this is my guess as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the missing district was related to World Congress we would have seen it in the Mali livestream I believe. I'm picking a water-based SV alternative to the Space Port for the unknown district; a second way to get a SV.
I would picture that district coming late game in the Civics tree and we haven't seen the tree yet nor did we get that far.
I'm sure that we've seen the only way to get a science victory is by completing the four projects in the spaceport.

It has to be The Valhalla District for Harald, where he revives his dead warriors, but only if he has a pig in his empire! One per turn, cost gold.

If any of the new Civs was going to have a UB for a hypothetical diplomatic district, I would have guessed Sweden. Sweden is getting a Government Plaza building and the an improvement. Do we think this diminishes the possibility that the 5th new district is tied to diplomacy?

My vote is for a future-era culture-win-related district. But a miscount is also a plausible suggestion.

If the Black Plague scenario is a precursor for a new outbreak emergency or a future (via expansion or patch) health system, then a medical district makes sense. Or maybe it and its buildings provide food, allowing modern cities to shift from working multiple farms for growth to passive growth from a single district.
I see a re-worked aqueduct district for this - the district does what it does now, then have buildings like apothecary and hospital down the road. The hospital could have a regional effect. Maybe move sewer there. A "public works" project would improve health and provide faster unit movement in the city's borders while active. But that's all for a hypothetical third expansion.

Maybe an existing civ will be reworked with a new unique district. That would be neat and kinda throw a wrench in all the speculation.

I see a re-worked aqueduct district for this - the district does what it does now, then have buildings like apothecary and hospital down the road. The hospital could have a regional effect. Maybe move sewer there. A "public works" project would improve health and provide faster unit movement in the city's borders while active

I could definitely see the Sewer being moved to the Aqueduct, but is there room for buildings like apothecaries and hospitals in the district?

I could definitely see the Sewer being moved to the Aqueduct, but is there room for buildings like apothecaries and hospitals in the district?
Depends on how they would rework the district art. :dunno:. I was mostly trying to think of a relatively early health-related building.

Depends on how they would rework the district art. :dunno:. I was mostly trying to think of a relatively early health-related building.

I liked the idea someone posted in other thread of aqueducts being changed from districts to improvements. The Acqueduct district could be then converted to a "health" district with the first objective of being the point were you would be able to start/end the acqueducts going towards your city. Disctrict should be next to city center and would provide fresh wáter if connected to a source via (non-pillaged) aqueducts. This would leave room enough to build your apothecaries and hospitals.

I liked the idea someone posted in other thread of aqueducts being changed from districts to improvements. The Acqueduct district could be then converted to a "health" district with the first objective of being the point were you would be able to start/end the acqueducts going towards your city. Disctrict should be next to city center and would provide fresh wáter if connected to a source via (non-pillaged) aqueducts. This would leave room enough to build your apothecaries and hospitals.

I don't know why in-game Aqueducts need to be close to citycenter and one source of water. For me, as long as the Aqueduct is in the city radius of workable tiles, you could place the Aqueduct. So you could place multiple Aqueducts to connect tiles further away to the city. It would be historically acurate. I guess making it one tile improvement would be better. And making another district for health and food - if they add diseases to the game.

Top Bottom