1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

2 new districts

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by J.arnold642, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Jewman

Jewman Chieftain

the geothermal plant also looks like more than a worker improvement but I'm pretty sure that's all it is too.

SammyKhalifa likes this.
  2. Trav'ling Canuck

Trav'ling Canuck Warlord Supporter

The art team's making everything look so nice, the whole map will soon look like it's filled with wonders.

drakula15 and SammyKhalifa like this.
  3. shaglio

shaglio The Prince of Dorkness

I think if they were going to add a Police Station to the game, it should be a building you can make in Neighborhoods. It could help decrease the chance of spies to create partisans in that city. Which, in turn, would give us a reason to use Neighborhood Districts again.

4. HaloCapella

HaloCapella Chieftain

A "build land" district would be nice if you're overrun by rising sea levels. I didn't check around for any discussion about what can be done to submerged land.

5. UWHabs

UWHabs Warlord

Yeah, that might be an interesting building. If you had it act like a counter-spy for the neighbourhood and all adjacent districts, that would actually bring up some new strategies.

Josephias and SammyKhalifa like this.
  6. AriochIV

AriochIV Analyst

It is a worker improvement.

bite and SammyKhalifa like this.
  7. ezysquire

ezysquire Chieftain

If the missing district was related to World Congress we would have seen it in the Mali livestream I believe. I'm picking a water-based SV alternative to the Space Port for the unknown district; a second way to get a SV.

8. Brentonator

Brentonator Chieftain

I have a feeling it's going to be a "carbon cleanup" district, as they mentioned "developing technologies to recapture carbon emissions" on the website

Would make sense too as a future-era district, as we haven't seen anything from that era yet

9. rlw33

rlw33 Chieftain

The final district is the "Historical Guilt" district which has giant statues of the leaders of every civilisation you've knocked out of the game.

Icicle likes this.
  10. Human Crouton

Human Crouton Chieftain

I know this is a joke, but I want it.

I think you've got it. After reading your post, this is my guess as well.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2019 at 6:36 AM
  11. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Warlord

I would picture that district coming late game in the Civics tree and we haven't seen the tree yet nor did we get that far.
    I'm sure that we've seen the only way to get a science victory is by completing the four projects in the spaceport.

12. gozpel

gozpel Couch-potato (fortified)

It has to be The Valhalla District for Harald, where he revives his dead warriors, but only if he has a pig in his empire! One per turn, cost gold.

13. darkace77450

darkace77450 Chieftain

If any of the new Civs was going to have a UB for a hypothetical diplomatic district, I would have guessed Sweden. Sweden is getting a Government Plaza building and the an improvement. Do we think this diminishes the possibility that the 5th new district is tied to diplomacy?

14. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

It seems like they are really bad at counting the new infrastructure (possibly intentionally?), so let's not put too much credence in the total number of new districts just yet.

15. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

My vote is for a future-era culture-win-related district. But a miscount is also a plausible suggestion.

I see a re-worked aqueduct district for this - the district does what it does now, then have buildings like apothecary and hospital down the road. The hospital could have a regional effect. Maybe move sewer there. A "public works" project would improve health and provide faster unit movement in the city's borders while active. But that's all for a hypothetical third expansion.

darkace77450 and Josephias like this.
  16. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Warlord

Maybe an existing civ will be reworked with a new unique district. That would be neat and kinda throw a wrench in all the speculation.

17. darkace77450

darkace77450 Chieftain

I could definitely see the Sewer being moved to the Aqueduct, but is there room for buildings like apothecaries and hospitals in the district?

18. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

Depends on how they would rework the district art. :dunno:. I was mostly trying to think of a relatively early health-related building.

19. Josephias

Josephias Chieftain

I liked the idea someone posted in other thread of aqueducts being changed from districts to improvements. The Acqueduct district could be then converted to a "health" district with the first objective of being the point were you would be able to start/end the acqueducts going towards your city. Disctrict should be next to city center and would provide fresh wáter if connected to a source via (non-pillaged) aqueducts. This would leave room enough to build your apothecaries and hospitals.

JimGrumpypants likes this.
  20. Alexadamz

Alexadamz Chieftain

I don't know why in-game Aqueducts need to be close to citycenter and one source of water. For me, as long as the Aqueduct is in the city radius of workable tiles, you could place the Aqueduct. So you could place multiple Aqueducts to connect tiles further away to the city. It would be historically acurate. I guess making it one tile improvement would be better. And making another district for health and food - if they add diseases to the game.