1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

2 New Earth Maps

Discussion in 'RoM Scenarios and Maps' started by DRJ, Apr 13, 2010.

1. DRJ

DRJ Hedonist

Hi everybody!

I just converted my first two maps, randomizing resources and starting places.

The first map is the "Huge Earth Map" but decimated by a few tiles in the North and South. It might be a good alternative for players with older computers who like the Huge Earth experience.

Source: BeBear's Earth Map (124x51, 75% size of original)

Screenie:
    Spoiler :

The secound one is a standard sized earth map I found in the database, I didn't play it very well, so maybe somebody could test and report about it...

Source: Earth Standard Size 84x52

Screenie:
    Spoiler :

Download the attachment and extract it to ".../.../Rise of Mankind/private maps"
    Load as "custom scenario". Have fun!

P.S. Regarding the 75% randomized Earth Map: if someone would like to place the ROM resources on their real spots like in the normal Huge Earth Map he would be very, very welcome to do so...!

2. soup567

soup567 MANBEARPIG

Both of the maps look nice :D

3. Humakty

Humakty Happy Goblin

The maps looks nice, but couldn't you set 9 'random civ' startpos on the standard one ? It would even the chances between civs, and allow you to select non historical starts, for extra balance (like Australia, which wouldn't be that bad for a startpos, plenty of islands (for expansion) and resources(?)). Plus with seven, the map seems rather empty.

Just tell if I wasn't clear enougth... :)