2 New Features Suggestion/Request (UI Only)

anl93

Warlord
I don't know if it's easy or even possible but here we go;
1) Civilipedia Promotion UI: if it should also show "leads to" (similiar to Market "leads to" Caravansaray panel) would be good addition
For example Drill 2: Requires Drill 1 Leads to Drill 3, Amptitous etc...

2) City Screen Yıeld Update:
When we look at production for example inside the city screen we can see what factors affects production with quantity being shown. But if we can see potantial info of the specific yield buildings also would be great.
Example we can build Longhouse but didn't built it yet. (in this example lets say it will give +2 production and +1 production for every 2 forest tile) and we have 4 worked forest tile;
when we hover over the production ui it should show something like this:
From Buildings X
From Religion Y
Potentials:
Longhouse +4
and so on...
it this way we can forecast building effeciency in a better way.
Sorry for my limited engilish and thank you for reading it.
Edit: this feature was implemented on "A New Dawn " which is a Civ 4 mod.

Last edited:
1: The promotion tree was recently added to the mod, actually. It's in the top right corner somewhere.

2: I agree, it sounds really useful, but I think it'll be too much work

Untitled.png

The less UI "foreshadowing" we have to do, the less CTD your game is likely to encounter. (the happiness UI was reworked to ignore some of the UI elements because people hovered over happiness by mistake and instantly causes CTDs).

One specific thing I noticed as far as building yields was concerned was that your yield bonuses from CS ally/friends wasn't shown with buildings like Chanceries. I mean, I could do the math, but I don't always want to count those guys out if I'm like Austria or something.

I don't know if it's easy or even possible but here we go;
"leads to" (similiar to Market "leads to" Caravansaray panel) would be good addition
The building upgrade information would be nice. I had a post in the forum somewhere with some responses. But I can't locate it now.

One specific thing I noticed as far as building yields was concerned was that your yield bonuses from CS ally/friends wasn't shown with buildings like Chanceries. I mean, I could do the math, but I don't always want to count those guys out if I'm like Austria or something.
no they exist.

no they exist.

Where? It isn't shown as a base yield of the building, just the maintenance cost. If I scroll over to Production, I guess it might be listed under "Buildings", but that could be from Forge, Windmill, Workshop, etc..

Where? It isn't shown as a base yield of the building, just the maintenance cost. If I scroll over to Production, I guess it might be listed under "Buildings", but that could be from Forge, Windmill, Workshop, etc..
upload_2019-4-28_6-12-7.png

i knew this already and didn't mean this.
I mean if you have available (buildable) buildings left; ui also should tell you "you have +X potential yield via Y" so you can forecast, specialize and micro manage easily.

Top Bottom