(2-NS) Add an Embassy Column to Diplomacy Overview City States Tab

Status
Not open for further replies.

MEQ

Chieftain
PROPOSAL
* Add a column to Diplomacy Overview > City States, called Embassy, and have it name the Civilization, if any, that has placed their Embassy in that City State.

For example, Hong Kong's Embassy Column would say "The Celts" if Boudicca has placed an Embassy within that City State, or the column would be blank if no Embassy has yet been placed there.

* Sorting by Embassy Column would alphabetically order all Civilizations that have placed Embassies.

For example, at the top of the list you would see 3 from America, 1 from Israel, and then 2 from The Celts with all others blank, meaning that only those Civilizations have placed Embassies so far, at least within City States discovered by the Player.

* The Player will not be called "You" but will be called by their Civilization's name.
* The Player can still have a unique colour, but does not sort to the top of the list, and instead is placed alphabetically among those with Embassies.
* All blank spaces (City States without Embassies) get sorted to the bottom of the list.

* Change Diplomacy Overview > City States "Allied With" and "Protected By" Columns so that they too work as above.

* Allied With Column will list Open Door, if that has been enacted.
* Allied With Column uses a special color on the Civilization name if Sphere of Influence has been enacted.

* Diplomacy Overview > City States should also have a Colour Key in the blank space at the bottom of the window explaining the colour codes (Like Trade Opportunities for VP Mod has)

RATIONALE
So the Player can know about Embassies without map scrolling to each City State, successfully spotting Embassies, and mousing over them. Or needing to use, scroll down, and mouse over Diplomacy List.

Edited Rationale with new way to see Embassy info.
Edited Proposal with Allied With Column changes.

Last edited:
You can hover your mouse over the list of city-states at the right side of the screen to see if they have embassy or not, no need to scroll across the map.

We could probably just add a little text to the existing embassy notice. Something like:
Current: "Embassy already established"
New: "Embassy already established (The Celts)"

Not to say this screen wouldn't be nice too if someone wanted to sponsor it.

You can hover your mouse over the list of city-states at the right side of the screen to see if they have embassy or not, no need to scroll across the map.

We could probably just add a little text to the existing embassy notice. Something like:

Thank you so much for your kind words! :)

Oooh, I always play with that Diplomacy List turned off :(

That list gets so long you gotta scroll up and down that thing, and it permanently takes up screen space. And I don't like Tool Tips popping up and blocking Tiles I'm trying to examine while I'm not moving my mouse, so I have their Delay up so high that if I gotta mouse over that list I'd get frustrated waiting.

But yeah, yer right that info is there, I forgot about that, so I'll amend my Proposal Rationale to mention that list can be used too. But like you were saying, knowing an Embassy is there isn't enough. I wanna know which Civilisation put that embassy there too. If all they do is add that info, maybe they could word things like: "The Celts Embassy established".

I've always wanted to improve the diplomacy overview, it's next to useless right now (compared to the diplomacy list). What I had in mind was to take the City State screen from Trade Opportunities mod, tweak it to display embassy&quest status and do some aesthetic adjustments, sadly I won't have the time for it. Anyway, if anyone's willing to do this, TO can give you some ideas.

I edited my Proposal with:

* Allied With Column will list Open Door, if that has been enacted.
* Allied With Column uses a special color on the Civilization name if Sphere of Influence has been enacted.

How about adding a little icon over those city state icons in the list indicating that an embassy is present (similar to the pledge of protection icon)? You could see at one glance where and if you can still put your embassy. And if you want to know who established it, you can hover over the CS icon or the embassy on the map.

Proposal failed due to lack of sponsorship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom