Hi again all! Well, running into some issues on my map using the extra terrain tiles. For some reason, for my bottom rows (the ones that require a Ctrl+ to place; the "extra" rows), I get this fuzzy static around each tile. It is quite ugly next to the clean standard tiles. I know the black static has something to do with the blending pattern, but not sure how to eliminate it from these tiles. Other scenarios seem to have gotten around this. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
I believe there's no solution to this blending pattern.
Which means with ToTpp you should limit
1.your tileset in Terrain1 (or 3-5-7) to its most basic ground which will blend,
2. then add hills, mountains, forests, cities, etc as layouts in Terrain2 (or 4-6-8)
3. then adapt rules.txt so the new terrain2 (or 4-5-6) display well its new layout sheet
in order to avoid it spreading to "structures"
Otherwise, without ToTpp I'm afraid one have to
- either avoid the black dots pattern
- or alter this pattern (in Terrain 1, 3, 5, 7 I guess) which by my experience is not an easy feat ro achieve well in order to have a nice result.
- or also limit oneself to forest/hills/mountain layouts to replace.