2 questions

Darix

Chieftain
I am playing C3 Complete version -

1) Temple - Whenever I captured an AI city, I have never seen a temple in there, but that city had expanded its territory. Do a city lose all cultural improvements up on capturing? So I will never see library, cathedraw, and other buildings that gives cultural points when capturing any city?

2) FP - I read it in a lot of posts and even read that detail corruption calculation post, but it is only getting more confused. That calculation is very complicated. Can someone explain it in few words? From my experience, I usually build it in 3 or 4th ring (like 12-14 spaces away from my capital). All I have noticed is the FP city itself has pretty much no corruption, but its neighbor cities are still getting higher corruption than the neighbor cities of my captial.

1. Yes. Captured cities lose all cultural buildings (except Wonders). Wonders built by someone else don't generate culture for anyone except the builder.
2. You're playing C3C because in PtW/Vanilla the FP would have a more dramatic effect than you're seeing. 3rd/4th ring isn't too bad a location in C3C. Don't worry about the complicated calculations: further from capital and newer = more corrupt, closer to capital and older = less corrupt, FP = no corruption, wherever, however far from capital and how old, distance from FP helps a little but not much.

Neil. :cool:

Thanks. I think the FP is kind of screw up. I mean, it is pretty much a building that give the city itself no corruption and that's it. It doesn't help nearby cities (maybe a little). Isn't it suppose to be the 2nd capital and act like a 2nd capital?

It was changed because the AI didn't know how to use it properly.

It also lowers corruption across the empire by raising (doubling?) the OCN - the maximum number of cities you can have before corruption starts getting hideous.

[Edit]
I actually prefer the C3C model, and consider the PtW/Vanilla model to be a bit of an exploit. Not that it stops me from using it in GOTMs (though I always, always, always have to wait aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages for a leader).

eldar, I remember I read it somewhere that you can build 32 cities in huge map before you receive the double corruption rate penalty. And if you are playing diety level, the penalty starts when you reach 60% of that number (if what I read is right, you get double corruption penalty after your 18th city in diety level).

So if what you are saying is right, then if I got a FP built in diety level, I can build up to 36 cities (for huge map) before I see a major hit in corruption right? Do I get that right?

I'm not sure what the OCN for Huge maps is. But if it is the figure quoted, then from what I understand, yes, you're right. Though corruption at Deity (afaik... I'm a wimp who's only ever played above Emperor once before :blush: ) is generally worse anyway, I think due to a factor in the calculation, which maybe the OCN anyway.

There's a thread somewhere all about it, I think it's accessible from the War Academy.

Oh, and there's also a discussion on the FP going on here

Neil. :cool:

Top Bottom