2 questions

ALA Gator

Warlord
My first question is how can I win with this game? All victory conditions are on except space race. I’d rather not do domination because I’m a builder type… I have been gearing up for a Cultural win. I am in 2nd place right now and have been building cultural improvements in lots of cities.

#2 I checked on the culture per turn for England about 10 turns ago and it was +450 or something. Then I checked later and it was +250ish, then last turn it was +450 again. I was using MapStat. How is that possible or is it a bug?

I have attached the save file.
sav file

I'll let someone else answer #1 (as it requires more time to answer than I have) but I can answer #2.

Was England at war? or just entered into war? It is possible that England mobilized their economy. IIRC, a civilization in a mobilized economy produces only half of their would-be cultural output. However, if your numbers are 450 and 250 exactly, that would not be the case. You said that those were approximate, though, so that's the only thing I can think of.

MapStat estimates culture by counting pixels on the culture histograph, it's not 100% accurate.

I can't look at your save, but if you are worried about England's culture, you probably should go to war.

I played a few more turns last night and checked England's culture gain each turn. It see-sawed from +250 ish to +450. The strange thing is that the other civs remained fairly constant...

I am now in a war with the Persians then my computer crashed after I took one of their towns... Gotta Love Windows.

MapStat estimates culture by counting pixels on the culture histograph, it's not 100% accurate.

I can't look at your save, but if you are worried about England's culture, you probably should go to war.

They are far away but I am beginning preparations for same... We will see.

Top Bottom