1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

2 Quick Questions

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by malcolm01234, Oct 13, 2011.

1. malcolm01234

malcolm01234 Just A Grain Of Sand

I was about to make a purchase on steam but first I was wondering...

1st, what maps are included in the Explorers Map Pack?

2nd, what are all the playable civilizations included in Civilization IV: Colonization?

2. DavidCAD

DavidCAD Chieftain

Civilization IV: Colonization is a seperate game from Civilization IV (not an expansion pack). It uses the Civilization IV engine but the game mechanics are completely different. Instead of civs there are 4 countries (Spain, England, France, Netherlands) competing for the new world.

3. malcolm01234

Ahhh so you cannot play as native tribes?

Also does anyone have any idea about the Explorers Pack?

4. Cheeseisgood

Cheeseisgood Warlord

Off the top of my head, no. But on the Steam Explorer's map pack page there's a 2 minute video where they explain and show all of the maps.

5. Peng Qi

Peng Qi Emperor

I think the primary draw of the Explorer's pack are the "Plus" map scripts; "Continents Plus" in particular is an excellent script. Additionally, if you're thinking of buying the explorer's pack, make sure you get it in the bundle that includes Denmark, listed further down the page on its store listing; it'll save you 2.50

6. malcolm01234

OK thanks all that helped me a lot