2 Requests

IceBlaZe

Atheist Proselytizer
I have 2 ideas, and somewhat requests, for new forums.

1 Is the "Knoweldge Base" forum. Let's say you want to know the answer to something, anything, on any topic, and you need to post a question, that will be the place.
Sorta like the google team, but for free, with the help of forum users.

The other one is an occasional messaging forum. I noticed that in a lot of cases people don't check their PM, or don't have e-mail, and there is no way I can contact them and have a discussion with them, even just send them a tiny little message like "Log on to ICQ, I need to talk to you".
What if we had a forum like that... Maybe it's a stupid idea, but I think it can be useful...

Well whatever :p
Just my ideas :king:

Oh and yes I have another one.

TF, I tried to contact you through ICQ but you didn't answer, I have a suggestion.
Assuming CFC gets a reasonable amount of hits, I'm sure a tiny bit of money from banners is made.
Rackshack.net provides cheap, and quite reliable, dedicated servers. Starting from 400GB of bandwidth a month for 99$ a month.
DV2.net also does, and they are also considered reliable.
Anyway if you do consider the option of a dedicated server, and need to find info about those companies or any other, I recommend searching or posting at www.webhostingtalk.com .

mvh,
Eyal

I don't think the "Knoweldge Base" forum idea would work. It would be a pain to just sort thru all those threads in such forum. Simply posting a question in the OT or other relevant forum, or searching the internet on Google will give you the answer you seek alot faster.

TF, I tried to contact you through ICQ but you didn't answer, I have a suggestion.
Assuming CFC gets a reasonable amount of hits, I'm sure a tiny bit of money from banners is made.
Rackshack.net provides cheap, and quite reliable, dedicated servers. Starting from 400GB of bandwidth a month for 99$ a month.
hehe... that's where I plan to get the server next Spring. :) Rackshack does have great deals on servers. In fact, the CivFanatics.net file server we have now is from rackshack.

PS: I tried to reply to your ICQ messages but Trillian gave me a IM not support error.

It's funny. I use trillian myself. Damn program :)

Top Bottom