2 Separate Questions re Food and Native Trading

Rhodo

Chieftain
1. As I understand it, when I move a unit on to a tile or building in a settlement to work there, and it gets kicked out into the garrison again next turn, that means there's not enough food to support him? If so, is there a way of seeing at a glance whether the settlement can support another unit, eg a correlation between food production and units - at present I'm working on trial and error.

2. Is there a way of checking what native settlements need which goods - it only seems to appear once when you first enter the settlement and I'm writing it down to remember it.

Each citizen need 2 Food per turn.
You can see how many you produce (and have stockpiled) in the tray at the bottom of the city screen. If it shows negative number you eat more than you have.
You can however use Wagons to ship in food from other settlements.

Native settlements have a icon in the city bar showing what good they want.
But i.g. you can just sell them Muskets or Horses regardles what they are asking for. They pay nicely.

You can see how many you produce (and have stockpiled) in the tray at the bottom of the city screen. If it shows negative number you eat more than you have.

But i.g. you can just sell them Muskets or Horses regardles what they are asking for. They pay nicely.

Perfect answer Refar, thanks!;)

Correct me if I am wrong, but don't you have to click Globe View (or scroll out if that is how ya want to get there), Show all resource Display, Native goods Requests (Note this also has native training.. another good one to leave on).

I have mine on but I forgot if I had to turn it on or if it was always on... heh:goodjob:

I am not sure what exactly you mean. You might get better overall picture if you switch to globe view.
But the icons (and trained professions) are displayed on native city bars by default.

I am not sure what exactly you mean. You might get better overall picture if you switch to globe view.
But the icons (and trained professions) are displayed on native city bars by default.

In globe View if you click on the show resources button some words will pop up to the right bottom side (in green I think). Those are the words I am talking about. :)

If I am still being unclear.. sorry :) Will make a screenshot

Oh yes, now i see it.
Indded, you can turn on additional "marker bubbles" from the globe view.
Apparently i never paid attention to it.

The odd thing is - the bubbles are displayed on normale map as well... But to switch them (Ressources<->Native Stuff) you have to go into globe view...

on the main map...look at 1 of your citys.....it say the name of your city on top
and what your building on the bottom...and the little icon off to the side is a pic
of what your building....

now look at an indian village you have visited and actually talked to the chief....

on top is the name of the village...on bottom is the profession they will help turn
a colonist(sp) into...and the little icon off to the side is what they will pay more for....
they do however change once they get enough of a certain item...

Top Bottom