2 units Requests for Reconquista

Those R some cool pics.
If i knew how to do units, then i would definetly help you (comforting isn't it?)

Originally posted by Bóreas
Those R some cool pics.
If i knew how to do units, then i would definetly help you (comforting isn't it?)

Yes, VERY comforting ! :D
But thanks for the intention.

I have one question though, who is he really suppose to represent? At first I though that would be moorish infantry, but checking the word in dictionary I found out that Mozarabs are just christians living under moorish rule, or "arabized" christians? I'm not really sure how to use him then, and if he will really look distinctive at civ scale (only the shield can make him distinctive from say, a Norman).

Good question.
Actually I am not 100% sure yet how I would use it. By its look it could be Muslim but for me it is actually more a Christian unit heavily influenced by Muslim warfare (hence the shield but also the helmet). So I am lilely to use it as such. But a Muslim use would not be "shocking". Great to have so versatile a unit, isn't it ?

there were fake christians at the reconquista, mostly jews, but some soldiers were muslim christians, so to speak.

I think I smell the use as a basic infatry unit for the Mozarab infantry :D

*as a side note, you would to well to note Boreas, that you ither are, or are not a practioner of the Jewish faith- you cannot be a "fake christian" and still be Jewish

during the spanish inquisition many jews pretended to be christians to save their lives. when they got discovered practicing the jewish religion they were burned alive on a smoking pole!
ON A SMOKING POLE!

I thought thatr only happend with the inquisiton? well, either way, I suppose under those circumstances that it woul dbe justified then

Jewish people throughout history all over have been killed for their beliefs. This happened in the expansion of Christianity, expansion of Islam, Reconquista, Crusades, Inquisition, WWII, Russian Communist transition, and still today in the Israel-Palestine Conflict. Poor Jews.

BTW, nice looking units. Settlers need the ability to defend themselves and perhaps even attack. Also, the Mozarab unit looks nice. A versatile unit is always nice.

Top Bottom