2 UUs for the Siamese???

There's actually a whole blinking pack of Indochinese units by Dom Pedro II you could choose from.

um no you cant use Utahs unit, it has nothing to do with Siam or Siamese swords. Sorry Utah ^ ^;;. Almost any of Dom II south east asian units would work, even the Hindu spearman, because Thais were from India, they migrated into Tibet and China are were pushed back to were they are now. But I would go with the more Asian units form Dom
I would say the "Thai warrior" fora knight. but thailand is a country that was made in 1946 or something, I would say Saimese warrior, but warrior is a bad name, my ex was thai I will see if I can ask her. And the "Phak'ak Man" for the swordsman is good
go here http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=108431

Bungus said:
Wasn't piracy a huge problem in that area during the colonial age?

It still existed in the Gulf of Thailand in the late twentieth century. My parents (who were refugees from Vietnam at the time) had some encounters with Thai pirates. Don't know if it's still a problem in that area, though.

Siamnese people famous for two-swords man that use two swords combine with muaythai and their war elephant that different from india due to less armour, better control (you can load heavy gun on it without much problem) , more ritualize tradition in action and load of them in the forest but use it less intensive due to ritualization of using elephant in war. Warfare in Indochina mainly on subjugated and enslaved enemy both work and arm force than killing enemy due to lack of manpower here, so let Siamnese elephant have abiliy to enslaved enemy unit into worker or settler

Suppanut said:
...enslaved enemy both work and arm force than killing enemy due to lack of manpower here, so let Siamnese elephant have abiliy to enslaved enemy unit into worker or settler

Or why not an average or weak strength military unit?

ShiroKobbure said:
um no you cant use Utahs unit, it has nothing to do with Siam or Siamese swords. Sorry Utah ^ ^;;. Almost any of Dom II south east asian units would work, even the Hindu spearman, because Thais were from India, they migrated into Tibet and China are were pushed back to were they are now. But I would go with the more Asian units form Dom
I would say the "Thai warrior" fora knight. but thailand is a country that was made in 1946 or something, I would say Saimese warrior, but warrior is a bad name, my ex was thai I will see if I can ask her. And the "Phak'ak Man" for the swordsman is good
go here http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=108431

Yes. Utah's unit does not look like Siamnese 2-sword man. But for thais' origin, there are no theory that claim thais are from india. Our language is relate to people of southern china and also genetic trait (and also Austroasiatic people) even our written language is relate to Pali-Sanskrit structure, we didn't loan it directly from india but take it from Khmer and Mon (Primary direct reciever of indian culture in SE asia mainland). Origin of word "Tai" is the word that valley people of northern SE asian peole, Nagaland of India and southwestern China call themselve as the civilized people compare to hill tribe people in the same area. Infact there really no genetic distinct race call "Tai" or "Thai" due to enslaved and subjugated tradition of war here, there are only have the people who speak tai-group dialect but mixed in ethnic group (but most of them forgot it already). For the Siam is the southern group of tai that khmerized and monized in tradition to identified themselves as more civilzed than other northern tai thai identified there culture with burmese and southwestern inland chinese group, so most of thai peoples are think that they are cultural superior to other tai group even they still have some cultural root the same as other tai.

From what I read they were peoples from India who mirgrated into south china and tibet and who were pushed down into what it now thailand. However I read from other sites saying the thai people are from Szechuan. And others saying they are from thailand itself and that some thai peoples just left there. So I dont really know. I havent looked that much into it. Mostly sites in japanese and english because I dont speak thai sorry ^ ^;;

Now that I think about it, I guess Utahjazz's unit could be used as a Chinese Da-dao Swordsman since it looks more Chinese.

So what's wrong with Utah's Siamese Swordsman? :confused:

I remember having seen a very similar two-sword fighter in a James Bond movie taking place in Thailand. That doesn't mean it has to be realistic :) , but at least it isn't Utah's invention, is it?

Thank you all. i've decided to change the Siamese in the Khmer, maybe the only original indochinese civilization - I'll use Dom Pedro's spearmen or swordsman (Phak'ak or Pha-ka or how the hell is called :mad: ). There is a great LH already done, Rita Poon's J7. :)

However, i need the city list with leaders, civilopedia entry, etc. I remember there was a very useful .zip with all the text files already prepared for all the "potential" civs. Anyone could help?

Top Bottom