(2-VT) City state "Acquire this city" quest doesn't appear before turn 100

Status
Not open for further replies.

Little Billy

Chieftain
Re-proposing this to include only one option, see former discussion here: https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...to-city-state-acquire-this-city-quest.680529/

Problem: From what I understand, this quest chooses the "most capturable non capitol, non friendly city". When the quest first appears it defaults to the first visible non capitol city on the map. Often this city is on the other side of the other civ's capitol, meaning that you have to go through most of their empire to get at the one city you actually wanted. Later on this is not an issue, because it usually picks one that directly borders you and is a one step capture. I propose that this quest not appear until at least turn 100.

For the record, some were saying that this still allows the quest city to be halfway across the world if all your neighbors are friends or allies. I am fine with that. You can still go directly for the city by just fighting from your friend's territory, which depending on the circumstances, might actually be an advantage for you. If there is no open borders between your friend and your enemy, you can wave your cannons in their face and there's (almost) nothing they can do about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom